Embracing the dark side

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by cuisinartoh, Jul 16, 2017.

1. cuisinartoh

cuisinartoh Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I haven't been on the portal in quite some time. We took our last trip to Sampson State Park in the Finger Lakes in June. We had an excellent time but we decided we're ready to move on to a TT. I know it won't be any less maintenance, and I have a mod list a mile long and I haven't even taken delivery of it, but I am very much looking forward to less setup and take down. Because I set up a nice outdoor kitchen, set up of our camper took over an hour. It was the same with take down. I'll admit to being green with envy when our camp neighbors would back in, level up, push a couple of buttons, spread their mat, and crack a beer in about 15 minutes.

In the end we bought a 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH.

I LOVED camping in our pop-up and I LOVED all the learning, repair work, and modifications I undertook in the three summers we owned our Utah. I feel like it prepared me to tackle the bigger items on a TT. Big thanks to the fine folks on this forum and to the Princess for all the collective knowledge and helpfulness you showed me and every other newbie who came in here. Hopefully I gave back a little and help advanced the cause.

Cheers from Ohio!

2. bsandey

bsandey Active Member

Jun 9, 2005
    SE Minnesota
    You're not leaving, are you? Just because you have come over to the Dark Side does not mean you're banished. There is still a lot to learn and contribute. Your past experience with popups might help someone with theirs. And there are plenty of plan camping topics to participate in. And it really doesn't matter what you camp in - Just that you are camping.

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    You will never regret coming to the dark side, I have had every type of unit, and I loved the PUP's but after a lower back operation, we had a friend of the DW come up and help put the PUP down so we could tow it home, on the way I told her that we needed to trade for a TT and if anything happened we could just throw the items in the TT and sort it out when we got home. We traded for a new small Coleman Lantern CTS16 FB and have never regretted the decision and it proved itself after the upper neck operation, we were hooked up and gone in 20 minutes. I left the forums for awhile but came back after a couple of months as there is info for everybody here (besides PUPs are still in my blood) stay around as I am sure you will have things to offer too. Happy Camping

4. cuisinartoh

cuisinartoh Member

Jul 3, 2015
    There is a ton of information here, and I won't resign from the board. But, the Facebook group for Imagine owners is every bit as crazy busy as this place. Keeping up is the hard part :)

I feel like I gave back last night when I sold my pup. I spent two hours making sure the new owner new how to set up, take down, and knew why all the mods were made. His wife loved the interior remodel. They have two young kids and it felt really good knowing that when they drove away, everything worked and was in good repair.

bsandey likes this.