Expert advice needed

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Muddyroads, Jun 15, 2019.

Is it worth it

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Hard to get outdoor toys this time of the year. Near impossible to get a deal on one. Had someone message me the it sold when I was 5 minutes away. Keep trying, but don't get desperate and buy a piece of garbage.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Going by that price, ill sell mine after my Florida trip! Lol.

Muddyroads and Orchid like this.
  3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

And then we have stuff like this ... [LOL] And the fridge and a/c that work are both filthy, portable units. The inside pics were even worse. Disgusting filth. A old white dorm fridge on the floor that is almost brown with nastiness. A window unit a/c that I wouldn't put in a dog kennel. It's just plain disgusting. I don't know that this will sell, but the prices around here are what likely inspired this "camper" to even be listed, as opposed to hauled to dump.

Attached Files:

hayyward, Muddyroads and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Active Member

If you can hold off buying a pup for this summer (see if maybe you could rent one if you wanted one for trip). Spend the summer getting a feel for what you want exactly and how much they are worth and you want to spend. Then around August, as people get their last trip/vacation of the summer done and they begin thinking about putting it up for the winter (winterizing and storage), you may find more choices and better prices available. Some people may realize that they don't want it any more and/or are going to something different and don't want to bother with the whole winterizing and storage issue.

hayyward, Muddyroads and MaeKay like this.
  5. Muddyroads

Muddyroads New Member

That's a great idea. I've already seen several ones pop up for sale saying "took it out once this summer, family just to big" or something along those lines. I think thre waiting game will really pay off.

HappyTraveler and MaeKay like this.
  6. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

If the seller wanted $4k and NADA said $2k, print that out, bring it with $3k and tell the seller you'll meet them in the middle. You both win.

Go to the dealers to look around at their new and used PUPs to see what features you like / need / don't need, then watch for one to come up for sale. You'll know if you want it and will have a better idea if the price is right.

I wanted to upgrade our PUP and just happened to be on Craig's List when the seller posted. I called right away, went the next day to look at it and if we didn't buy it, they had a list of other people who had called. Since I was the first caller, they gave me the first chance, even though others would have come to look at it the same day - as it should have been but doesn't always work out that way.

I agree that a rental is a good plan for this season. Happy camping!