Finally Got Out Kayaking

Discussion in 'Canoeing / Kayaking, Boating, & S.C.U.B.A.' started by PopUpSteve, Oct 11, 2016.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I finally got back out on the water again after almost two years. It was as peaceful as I remember. Last Friday in the Adirondacks was a perfect day. The trees were ablaze with color, the sky was clear and blue, and the temperature was just right. I was out for a little over two hours, making every minute count as days like this are all too rare.

I mounted a GoPro to the bow of the kayak and just let it snap away. Here's one of my campsite as I was coming back in for the day.

Attached Files:

KamperKel and Puckstr like this.
  2. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Nice!!!!!

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Where abouts was this picture taken? That is a nice looking spot. Right on the water so you can quickly take the kayak out without having to lug the kayak to a boat ramp. Looks very relaxing. I haven't been on the water much this year. Now that fall is here I'm going to have to try and get one more run in.

4. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Beautiful! I hope to get my kayak out a couple more times this fall :)

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

That was this past week at Lake Durant SP in NY. I too hope to get out again before it gets too cold. Hopefully this weekend which looks to be in the high 60s.

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Nice and nice looking camp site too. There is nothing better than a canoe or yak for being on the water. Unfortunately for me age and ritis bros. keeps me in a canoe which is fine with me as long as I am out there enjoying the serenity
    and peace.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019