Finally set up TT

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Txbum, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Mar 25, 2013
    Hi all, well this past weekend went to a RV rally mainly full time RV of the 5th wheel and motor home , a couple of higher end TT. Learned a lot from watching the pros. Finally did a full system hook up water, sewer , awning, and water heater set up. I was am still learning the ropes versus the pup side of setups. Everything went well, even the dreaded dumping of the waste water tanks. One thing I learned, we still carry too much stuff. We learned that if she finds and ounce of room DW will stuff something there. I still like the pup side of camping, but my DW likes the indoor plumbing and not hav
    ing to make midnite dash to the restrooms. Oh well thought I would share the plus side of going grey ( dark) side. Trust me the awning was a bit tricky to learn lol. Happy camping, Txbum

2. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Welcome to the Dark Side!!! Indoor plumbing is nice lol. Now that we have the TT we're having to resist the urge to pack stuff just because we have room for it. After every trip we've reevaluated what was got used, didnt get used and how to better arrange items for ease of use.

Is your awning manual or power?

3. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Mar 3, 2005
    Congrats, we went to the dark side 5 yrs ago. So easy to set up now, power awning and power bed slide on our TT.

4. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    My wife wants a hybrid but we don't have a good enough tv to pull it.

5. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Apr 22, 2008
    South Jersey
    2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 has a 6800 lb tow capacity. You should be able to do a mid sized hybrid with that.

6. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Floresville, Texas
    She wants a 3 bunk with a slide out sized hybrid. If I keep looking I might find one she likes or a small TT that she would be happy with that I could tow safely.

7. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Well TXBUM, guess we will see you at a RV Rally! We made the jump to the dark side and got a 33' Starcraft Launch 27BHU Ultra Lite. Already miss the pop up, but not going to miss having to pop up when we want to load up for a trip.

8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I have owned all types RV'S at one time or the other, I loved PUP's but was getting to old for the set-up / break-down (due to a couple of back operations) but the TT is the way to go for us. It has all the conveniences and we still have the truck to use when we get to where we are going. Congrats and happy camping

9. bob barnes

bob barnes Active Member

Mar 26, 2017
    I saw a casita the other day pretty neat rig. lightweight!!