FIRST SNOW OF THE SEASON!

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by 94-D2, Nov 2, 2015.

1. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

May 21, 2010
    Sutter Creek CA
    Wow! We got our first snow of the season for the western Sierra Nevada today. This was State Route 88 in amador county.

And so it begins.....

[​IMG]

Ironic that I will be camping at Doran Beach on the Sonoma County Coast CA. tomorrow. Temps in the mid 60's.... [SUN]

2. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Look nice! Thank you for sharing!

3. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Can't wait for snow here! I enjoy snowmobiling as much as camping. Hopefully the predictions are wrong for this area of the country, with above average temps,and below average snow fall. Great looking pics!

4. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Cool - I miss the Sierras. Your picture takes me back to my youth, backpacking, skiing, and camping all of it. Been all over Amador County, beautiful!

You guys need the snow pack this year. I hope that you get lots. We are still fairly balmy down here. My brother is heading over to Bodega with his TT. I miss the Pacific too. Enjoy it for me! :)

5. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    WOW!
    That is a lot of snow!
    I was in San Jose yesterday and it poured for hours then the sun came out!
    During the downpour it took us 45 min. to go 11 miles!
    But no accidents (that we saw).

6. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    [:O] [:O] [:O] [:O] [:O] [:(]

7. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

May 21, 2010
    Sutter Creek CA

We got about 8" of snow today. The snow was off the roadway by 1, the blacktop is so warm is melteled away before the plows finished. Not before most of the flatlanders booggered up the roads however. Funny that they were towed from the road and a half hour later it was clear of snow. $500 for ignorance.......priceless.

8. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    how many accidents?

9. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

May 21, 2010
    Sutter Creek CA
    6 that I am aware of. Seems that crashing and abandoning your vehicle in the roadway is the thing to do. Then only call AAA who might get to your abandoned car, like never. Natural selection I guess. All 6 took place within 7 miles of roadway at 7-8,000'. Not a chain to be found on any one vehicle. I think the news folks forgot to warn everyone about our first winter storm.......or at least the 6 that didn't make to or back from Nevada. Other than a few empty wallets after that, no casualties.

Always carry and use chains. If you can't see blacktop, then you should stop and put them on. If you don't have them, like the commercial says, don't leave home without it. Chains or a credit card....or both!