First trip - Camp driveway

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by 4xMeteor, Mar 19, 2017.

1. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    Spent our first night in our NTU TT. For the most part we had everything we needed, over the last 20+ years of camping we had worked out a good system and had most everything we needed. One thing we know for sure - our mattress is awful, it is not gonna work - definitely need a better one.
    Decided to take a trip this afternoon to wally-world and pick up a few items - mistake!! DW went crazy, new dishes, silverware, tupperware, etc... $$$$$$$. Note to self, don't do that again.

Still have a couple more items to pickup, but all things considering, it was a good test run. Next week end we head to a nearby park, counting down the days:grin:

XKPin likes this.
  2. xZoomerZx

xZoomerZx Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I think its a DW thing. You should have seen the pile of stuff that was "absolutely needed for proper camping" that she stacked in a corner over winter... Who knew, right?

3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Yep. When we bought our Pup, DW did the same thing. Despite the fact that it's just her and me we have color coordinated table service for eight with matching table cloths. We keep a couple "tubes" of plastic cups around for every day use. But just in case we want to have a cocktail party at the campground we have glassware for 16. And let's not forget the two big suitcases full of clothes for a weekend at the lake.

4. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    DW already is wanting to recover the couch as it doesn't match the dinette - it's a camper!! I told her to think of it as separate rooms :smiley: Its gotta be a DW thing as xZoomerZx mentioned.

5. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Next comes new curtains, then countertops. If she hasn't found Popup Princess, get that site blacklisted right away. Lots of danger there. [:)C]

6. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Tee hee! My drapes and covers are in excellent condition but of coarse the colors are less than ideal. Pop up princess and here keep making me wish I could sew and whip up something pretty!

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @Natureangel - if you're determined, there are no-sew ways to make curtains :smiley:
    I've been sewing for more than half a century, so when I discovered the strobe-light effect the original striped curtains in the Retro created, I made new ones. I was happy enough to transfer the quilt and quilted pillows from the pup to the TT. (The pup had a full bed, the TT has a short queen, so the quilt is little skimpy at the sides.) The TT does give me a destination for the quilts I'm working on at the moment.
    My husband wasn't sure why I wanted to add a stick-on back splash in the kitchen area, but humored me by installing it - then admitted he likes it better than the wall paper for that area.

8. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Temptress! I am keeping half an eye out for possible curtain materials and I think if I find the right one I'll jump in!

kitphantom likes this.
  9. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    my mom was the same way when my parents upgraded to their TT. I asked why she needed all the stuff, and she responded it didn't match the new decor. Never mind the fact everything sits in the cabinets when not used. Oh well, free supplies for my camper as I get the hand me downs.

10. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    I sure wish DW thought like you. ;) [:)C]

11. dlaudens

dlaudens Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    Our mattress was terrible too (might be that way from the factory). Previous owner threw in his memory foam topper which I thought we wouldn't use, but since we tried it we never sleep without it. A little pricey to buy new, but I highly recommend it.

12. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    Oh no, she cannot find that site I'd have to take out a second mortgage :shocked:

BTW, we now have a new mattress coming Thursday - auuuggggg!!!!!