First Trip of 2018

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by PopUpSteve, Feb 23, 2018.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    My closest State Park closed this year for Jan & Feb. First time they've done that so another sign the PA Parks System is hurting for money.

But just made my reservation for next weekend so camping season for PopUpSteve officially starts next week. Hope to get back on my two week schedule. Have two others booked for April and June. Time to start filling in the weekend in between. [:D]

Already have a list of "ToDo" projects for next weekend. [HH] I've got to finally get that Digital Multimeter installed, fix my awning, recycle my canned food supplies, maybe work on a few storage mods, and give the camper a good washing on the way home (still had mud on the POD from my Boondocking trip last fall).

Anybody else doing a First Trip for 2018 next weekend?
    Jorja likes this.
  2. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Unfortunate for me I had to cut back on my off-road popup trips near the end of season 2016 due to replacing all my batteries that were originally installed in 2008/2009..

Now I have a whole lot of things to do before heading out again... Tires/Shocks/wheel bearings/ safety inspection just to name a few.

My Awning bag also fell to the UV's rays so it need to come down. I have decided to use an EZUP Walmart Patio Awning for now. They were on sale at WALMART last year so got one of the 10X10 size units... This folds down in a small tote that fits on my front deck ...

I have been inside my trailer a few times and aired things out but for the most part it has been just sitting in my back yard...

I will definitely be heading for out local Westmoreland State Park area for a couple of short trips before getting way back off grid again with my new battery bank...

Wanting to get back in the camping groove again for sure...

Roy Ken
    Jorja likes this.
  3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Six inches of snow here last night with up to eight more on Saturday night thru Sunday. I can't even get my pup out of storage until the snow melts and we already have a couple of feet on the ground. :(
  4. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    San Diego
    We are headed to Mather Campground in the Grand Canyon in 2 weeks. It will be my 3rd time out this year. I met some girlfriends outside of Joshua Tree for some boondocking in Early January, and a solo trip to Lake Pleasant last week. I’m trying to get out at least 1 wknd a month.
    Jorja and shuang2 like this.
  5. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    You're killin' me Smalls.

As long as there are no weather issues, our first trip will be first weekend in April. DW and I are suffering from a bad case of Cabin Fever. Can't wait till April. [:)C]
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Jorja and PopUpSteve like this.
  6. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Jealous! Nothing planned, it all depends on the weather for us. Hoping for a lucky warmish weekend in March or April before kids sports start.
  7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Nothing planned for me until the first week of April. Need to get the camper inspected, barrings repacked and a good wash down after her winter nap. I really need to go on a trip soon just to de-stress after the daily overtime I've been working the past three months.
  8. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    heading to Lake Anna SP March 2 cant wait!!!
  9. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    We warped our last camping trip December 22 last year. Missing camping already. Northern planned until april, but we have a lot to do before that. DW decided last time out we needed to reupholster the inside and redo the curtains. So before putting the camper away I pulled all the softa arms, backs bottoms. I have redone them, now I have to remember how they came apart and put it together and make valances. DW can make the curtains. It will take us a week to get it together when we get the camper back out. But we are going to spend 2 nights in a VA SP cabin at the end of march.
  10. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    We usually have our first trip in April but not sure if that will happen this year---we've got a wedding in the family coming up! Think it's going to be a light year of camping for us.
  11. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Our first trip is under our belt and #2 is coming up quick.
  12. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    The wife's already planning a Mother's day campout with the kids & grandkids, but I'm hoping to get at least a couple of weekend trips out before then...
  13. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Unfortunately, due to the winter storm this weekend and downed trees throughout the park, I was forced to cancel my trip. Better luck in two weeks.
  14. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    first scheduled trip for me is April 19-22 Raccoon creek SP
  15. cyndib

cyndib New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Arnold, Missouri
    Took our new camper on a test run over the weekend. Everything worked great. One night wasn't enough. I'm ready to go again. I wasn't sure how many would be camping with us, however turned out there were nine other families that were at the park. Next scheduled trip is the first weekend in April.
    Jorja, PopUpSteve and jnc like this.
  16. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    OK, Take 2!

Hopefully this weekend Mother Nature will cooperate and not through another Nor'Easter our way.
    jnc likes this.
  17. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA

It’s so nice to see these views in the mirrors again. It’s been 2 1/2 months but it feels like more than that since I was last out.
  18. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Ugh. I'm so jealous. We still have more than a foot of snow on the ground with a very slow melt in the forecast. I'd be happy with a bare patch of ground at this point!
  19. crazymama30

crazymama30 Member

Apr 1, 2017
    It's nice to get out and about isn't it? We just went out, and it was great. Hope you have a good time.
  20. Jorja

Jorja Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Have a great rescheduled trip!