First Trip Out with Deb

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Dan from Troup, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I am sure Avery will be camping out with you! Don't forget the hot cocoa mix...

We have res for an unusual federal campground out here - it's right off the interstate, has electric hookups, and manicured lawns. However, surrounding it is a nature area with trails and a pond. There are supposed to be showers the entire weekend, so we'll be kicking back inside the clipper for much of it. Just relaxing and not thinking of responsibilities back home. :). Will take the FnR out for December's trip.

2. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Wishing you the best for the rest of the treatments.

Pommom70 likes this.
  3. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

F67DAA41-FFF3-4593-8F7F-39750E15FD33.jpeg CCA7036E-436D-4F91-A7A3-29C61EA47687.jpeg Made it to the campground but with one small mishap: the refrigerator exterior plastic cover blew off and disintegrated on the road. Wonder where one finds replacements. We’re at Jellystone RV Park and has some nice wooded lots for camping. Seems to be a big draw for family and kids. Deb and Toby seem to be enjoying the campfire.

hq308, DJS12354, kcsa75 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dan from Troup

Update: rained early this morning so looks like we’re taking down wet. I was hoping we’d take down dry but another issue has arisen that will require further checking out. Our toilet is leaking on the floor and the runner carpet is wet with pp. Fortunately both of us have some drainage stuff going on and can’t smell it. Need to get this fixed before our trip to Austin for Thanksgiving.

5. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

6. Dan from Troup

7. Dan from Troup

E6F09CCF-D58E-4A0F-9F93-29758DE17AB1.jpeg Ok, I wondered why my Thetford cassette toilet leaked until I watched a Youtube video. Seems like I removed a cover at the inlet to the toilet which may explain the leakage.

Overland likes this.
  8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I am glad everything is going good, the little oops things are easy and fast to fix. Good Luck and Keep On Camping

Dan from Troup likes this.
  9. Dan from Troup

Thanks and mostly good. Our little Toby fit right in and had lots of room in the big bunk for the 3 of us. Loved the pitter patter of rain drops at 6am lying under covers warm and dry.

Ruby Jean and Pommom70 like this.
  10. nineoaks2004

Pebbles loves going, I can get her halter and /or jacket out and she just goes crazy as she knows she is going to go, this is the only time she gets to sleep on the bed with me as Gypsy has that privilege at home.

Pommom70 and Dan from Troup like this.
  11. Dan from Troup

Does Gypsy camp with you too? Since Toby is only 6 pounds and an alpha male, he does a bit of yapping. He was real good though and sometimes when folks walked by our camp, especially with a dog, Toby would bark a little but he didn’t bark as much as I expected. I think he’ll make a good camper puppy.

12. nineoaks2004

Gypsy used to but she has gotten a little long in the tooth and has no interest in going with "DaD", the whole rat pack (all 5 ) goes if DW goes. But the 4 are happy to stay home.