Fl, Blue Springs SP

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Craig57, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

Going to Blue Springs SP next week for a few days. There were plenty of mid-week opening and since school starts real some thought we would sneak away. With a/c & the cool springs it should be real good. If not its still got to be better than work. Never been to this one so really looking forward to it.
    Anybody have any intel on the park?
    Thanks
    Craig

2. Rgjad

Rgjad New Member

Never been just wanted to say have fun!!

3. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

x2 [8D]

4. Tampaboy

Tampaboy New Member

Sounds like you are going to have a good relaxing time. I think we are going to the same SP in August. I dont know it might be Rainbow springs is where we are going. If it is in Ocala I heard it is real nice..

5. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

Thanks, we'll let you know how it is.
    The park is west of Daytona, a little closer to us than Ocala.

6. papachaz

papachaz New Member

definitely sounds like fun! one thing to reinforce one of your comments, a bad day camping is better than a good day working [LOL]

7. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Never been either... Been to Deleon Springs but that doesn't help much...
    Enjoy guys and expect a great report... [SUN]

8. Mongo71

Mongo71 Longwood FL

It is a wonderful, well kept campground. The only issue is the trains that run right next to the park all night. Bring earplugs. The springs are beautiful. Have fun.

9. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

Definitely looking forward to it.
    How close is the train to the campsite? I can sleep thru about anything but a don't want to test that.

10. johnlely14hw

johnlely14hw New Member

11. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

The train tracks run north/south just to the east of the park. I'd say they are anywhere from 400 feet away (if you are in a site in the east part of the loop) to about 800 feet away (if you are in the west part of the loop)

Our site was nice and level with your normal Florida shrubs around the site for privacy.
    We rode our bikes down to the springs to check out the manatees since they were gathered in there (we went in Jan. last year). There is a bike trail from the campground to the spring area.

I don't remember hearing the trains at night though. I know we heard and saw them during the day. There is a bike/walk trail that runs next to the train tracks to the north of the park that we did some riding on.

12. jjkach

jjkach New Member

We have never been to park either. Hope you have a great time.

13. johnlely14hw

johnlely14hw New Member

Will like to go there this summer! [:D]

14. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

Matt,
    Thanks for the info.
    I'll let you all know how it goes. Looking forward to a few days away...

15. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

Back from Blue Springs, had a great time. Was really surprised at the number of tent campers. Made me stop & think that that used to be me!
    The CG is perfect for PUPs or smaller campers. Most seem to be 40 - 50 ft deep X 25-30 ft wide. They were clearing the brush from the empty sites while we were there. The restrooms are kinda tired but the Camp Host kept them really clean.
    The springs were refreshing from the heat (brisk). A board walk runs down the entire length to the river. There are steps down to the water, you walk upstream to the spring (100 yds) then float back about a 1/4 mile. Bring water shoes as the creek bed is oyster shells & rock, I learned that the hard way. Lots of fish & saw 2 Manatee & a baby too. You can rent everything you need at the concession stand plus canoes or kayaks.
    We got the PUP set up just before a thunderstorm hit. Cooking dinner was a wash-out so we hit the town. Found a OK sports bar for dinner, brews and A/C. The second day we steamed up clams, crab & shrimp, my sons favorite, OK maybe mine too.
    The springs are really busy, tubers, scuba divers and the rest of us. They have a big picnic area & a couple of pavilions. They were all busy and it wasn't the weekend.
    The only negative was the trains. The tracks are about 500 ft from the camp. If you are a lite sleeper it would be a problem. The trains didn't keep us up but it would some.

16. johnlely14hw

johnlely14hw New Member

Thanks!

17. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

Thanks for the info. We almost booked a weekend this month. I think we will put this on the list!