Flagstaff by Forest River owner's manual! Please read!

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by Kim Ciara, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Kim Ciara

Kim Ciara Trout Tickler

Jul 5, 2009
    Colorado mountains!
    Hi! GREAT news! I called Forest River, and they're mailing me an owner's manual for my 2005 Fleetwood Flagstaff by Forest River owner's manual... FREE OF CHARGE! I bought the pup about a month ago, and it didn't have an owner's manual. [:(]

WOO HOO! :) :) :)

The number to call, should anyone be interested is: (574) 642-2640

They were VERY nice, and were "happy" to send me one! I couldn't believe that there's no charge, and thanked the woman I spoke with profusely for the freebie! [:D]

Anyway, thought I'd share this information.

Kim

2. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Was it Stephanie?

3. Mr Zip

Mr Zip Member

Jan 2, 2009
    North Ridgeville Ohio
    Re: Fleetwood by Forest River owner's manual! Please read!

Great.... glad they were able to help you out.

Have fun!!

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill PUP-2002 Flagstaff 725D TV- 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

Apr 27, 2009
    Geneva, OH

I have contacted them a few times over if I could use a WD hitch, Cleaning the canvas, Purchasing replacement parts and have always found them to be pleasant. They have called back and been available to answer questions.

I am very happy with the company and would purchase another forest river product just based on their customer service.

5. recumbentman

recumbentman Ventura, Ca

Apr 11, 2006

Am I reading this correctly [;)] Did you mean Flagstaff [?:~{]

6. Daduv3Boys

Daduv3Boys American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!

May 25, 2009
    Harvest, AL

When you get it can you send me a copy? I've been looking for one and I printed off one from a 2004 Rockwood from the manuals section here. Let me know how it goes.

7. Kim Ciara

Kim Ciara Trout Tickler

Jul 5, 2009
    Colorado mountains!

Daduv3boys... call: 1 ( 574) 642-2640, ask for the Parts Department. Tell them what you have, and they'll send you a copy of the owner's manual, no charge!

I called them today... wish I had called them when I first got the (n2me) pup!

Good luck!

Kim

8. Kim Ciara

Kim Ciara Trout Tickler

Jul 5, 2009
    Colorado mountains!

Recumbantman... yes. You read correctly... 2005 Flagstaff by Forest River #205. Confusing, how they manufatcure, name, and such, their products, huh? That's what I have, and in calling Forest River, they were not at all confused by the make/model number! Go figg'r...

Kim

9. Luv2ridebikes

Luv2ridebikes New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Granger, IN

That may be what you have Kim, but you confused us when your topic said Fleetwood (not Flagstaff) by Forest River.

10. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper New Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Central Connecticut
    Kim,
    I corrected your header and the first post. You apparently have a Flagstaff, not a Fleetwood product.
    However, all of the subsequent posts are wrong... [:(]

11. Kim Ciara

Kim Ciara Trout Tickler

Jul 5, 2009
    Colorado mountains!
    heheh SOOOOoooo sorry! Yes... it is a FLAGSTAFF by Forest River! dang... blonde moment!
    Thanks, Storm Trooper, for correcting the ravings of a mad-woman!

Anyway... yes. Forest River has treated me VERY well. They're great folks, and sending me an owner's manual, even though I'm not the original owner?? Wow!

So sorry for the confusion.

Welcome to my world! [:D]

12. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Jul 31, 2004
    Van, Pennsylvania
    It had to have been Stephanie Little that you talked to. She is a superior customer service person. Forest River's customer service used to be the WORST [:(O] [:(O] I don't know if Stephanie is a new addition within the past couple of years or FR decided they had better step up their customer service.

At any rate, Stephanie is awesome. She sent me my pieces of bed end tent retainer last year for FREE, claiming that they never should have cracked or broken under any circumstances.

Yes, Forest River and Rockwood owners, should you need customer service, Stephanie can be reached at the phone number listed previously or by e-mail at slittle@forestriverinc.com

13. jnjsawyer

jnjsawyer New Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Yeap. I can vouch for Flagstaff/Forest River as well. They have GREAT customer service!

14. kjcamper

kjcamper New Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I'm not trying to badmouth the Forest River campers too much here but we have a 2006 Flagstaff 625D. We love the camper and use it as often as we can. but we purchased it new and we had some problems that the DEALER should have taken care of. I had to vacuum out every inch of every crevice and behind everything because of manufacturing sawdust. Extra screws that were dropped. again during manufacturing. The part that really frustrated me was we received four different sets of keys. Each door had a key and the compartment doors used 2 different keys. I tried to have a couple new ones made and they never saw the type of key that I had. On a new model(2007) they only used 2 different keys. The Dealer said he would see if he could get keys made. He then lost my keys and I tried to get Forest River to replace my locks. I went back and forth with them that the Dealer had the keys and lost them. They would not replace the locks so I did. One key for outside compartments and one key for the doors. The Dealer and Forest River received a bad mark on the Better Business Bureau and the BB even sent me some papers to fill out if I wished to take legal action against both parties. I did not as it only cost me about $50 to replace everything. When someone is interested in buying a new or used camper from a Dealer remember to get references from people that purchased there in the past 2 years and call them. If the Dealer doesn't give that info don't buy from them. A good Dealer can make all the difference on how a product is viewed.

15. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill PUP-2002 Flagstaff 725D TV- 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

Apr 27, 2009
    Geneva, OH
    For those of you that have contacted Forest River, as I have, Jerry Haas passed away on July 30. I know that I e-mailed and talked to him on the phone and he was the nicest person. He answered my questions and never sounded like he was upset about answering the stupid questions I was asking. Stephanie Richardson took over for him and she has also been fantastic.

I have been so impressed with Forest River. As DW and I are discussing our next TV and trailer, FR is the one we are checking out the most. I wish there was a section of the forum to rate the manufacturers and find out the likes/dislikes. I would write mostly good. Only bad is they charged me $5.00 for my manual. [:(]

16. kjcamper

kjcamper New Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    That name sounds familiar, Jerry must have been the person I talked to. My problem was the dealer had things messed up for me and because of that Forest River couldn't help. Since my camper is 3 years old now I don't need to deal with warranty issues with every little thing, which means I don't have to deal with the service department only parts.

17. dm2011

dm2011 New Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Bought a 2003 Flagstaff 725D from a private party. While most of the stuff we know how to use, have a few questions. Didn't include owners manual.

Just ordered a Forest River owners manual by calling the phone number listed on this website, (574) 642-2640. Older posts in 2009 said it was free, the 2011 cost is $5. Covers postage and printing.

The manual covers all tent trailers not just one model. Should be in later this week. I'll add more to this post when I get it.

18. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    I scanned and posted my manuals (quite a few of them) for my 2008 Flagstaff in the Owners' Manuals section into the "Manual Library Upload Folder"; however, the moderator hasn't approved them yet for general viewing. Hopefully they'll get approved soon.

I also had good luck contacting Forest River with questions and am pleased with their service.

19. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Charles
    As I mentioned in another thread where Forest River was the manufacturer, I've had good luck with them and their customer service. Most people know that a lot of HTT's have problems with bunk-end doors leaking. Forest River sent me a retrofit seal/hinge kit for my 2003 Shamrock NO CHARGE. My camper is long out of warranty but they sent it anyway.

Two thumbs up for Forest River, as far as I'm concerned.