Fleetwood highlander--gray tank vented?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Dingit, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    So yesterday we went and bought a Fleetwood hardwall, 2008, with a gray tank. The previous owners usually used hookups but said that once they didn't and learned that the gray tank apparently has an overflow on the outside. I don't know much about RV plumbing but it seems to me that that is probably not an "overflow" but maybe a vent or a regular old leak. Anyone know?

We will try to mess with it today and see what's going on but darn that's a low trailer. I want a head start with information before I try slinking around under there...

:)

Thanks.

2. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Thousand Oaks CA
    Do you mean highwall?

3. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Why yes. Yes I do. :p

4. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    If you mean an overflow, there's not one. You will know when the grey water tank is full, by it filling the shower pan. If something is leaking when the tank gets full, then I would check the plumbing on top of the tank, sounds like you may have a crack or broken fitting.

There is a vent, but it goes through the tenting to the top of the trailer as it should.

5. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Thanks. I didn't think that sounded right!