Fleetwood Highlander series shower curtain

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Dingit, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    On the Fleetwood Highlander series, is the shower curtain rolled up and secured with the snapped straps for travel? Is it a close fit? I'm putting in a shower curtain and wondering how much can actually go up there and stay out of the way.

Or are those straps over the bathroom meant for something else and one must take down the curtain to unpop?

Thanks!

2. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    Yes. Close fit to what?

3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

If it looks like this, the straps hold a square metal frame that the shower curtain hangs from. I just close ours up like this. I don't fold the shower curtain, or take it down.

[​IMG]

4. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Thanks. Yes, I was wondering if a too-bulky shower curtain would be an issue.

I am tempted to forget about it and just move in with Orchid though. :)

Orchid and jnc like this.
  5. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

The shower curtain on my Niagara is the same as Orchids and I just leave it hanging there with the pup opened or closed.

Orchid likes this.
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Ok , so leave up the shower curtain? And just close the wooden side? Hymmmmm.......that would save me some time and mostly aggravation.

jnc and Orchid like this.
  7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I'm needing a camping buddy anyway. [LOL]

Yes, just shut the wood hinged wall and leave shower curtain as is. In my case, I undo the Velcro I have around the entire bottom of the curtain, but that is something I put in myself. Most people don't have Velcro holding theirs down, I just don't like a shower curtain that moves or sticks to me. :wink:

I have a total of 3 shower curtains there. Two liners sewn together, and one fabric curtain on the outside. It's not too bulky at all.

8. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Ok cool, ty. I bought a new curtain , will put it in after I finish my roof repair. Lol.

Orchid likes this.
  9. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Orchid and jnc like this.
  10. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    :)

Appreciate the details!

I have the hard-walled shower (minus the door because why would I want to lug that thing around when I'm already lugging curtains?) that is probably like Bill's. So the rail is permanently mounted to the ceiling and I guess the straps are to bundle it up so it doesn't get smooshed when setting up the wall. I just don't want to try to get more curtain than will fit in there!

(I expected to be dumping the hardwall part of the shower too after trying them out on new Rockwoods but it's so ridiculously easy to put up so it gets to stay.)

Sjm9911 likes this.
  11. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
  12. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    But you don't use the curtains when you are using the toilet. Or lat least I don't I would want to, it would just be in the way.
    Actually, I think it's for getting the curtain out of the way when closing up the PUP. It could easily get caught on the bed when sliding it in.

13. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Thanks Bill. Good to hear from someone who's been there. We will try a few configurations and see what works. I won't be throwing out the door or anything.

14. Jimtom

Jimtom New Member

Aug 11, 2018
    Northern Illinois
    Does anyone know where I can find the correct curtain for my Niagara?

15. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    Jimtom likes this.
  16. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I bought 2 curtains from Amazon that were a tiny bit short but good enough. Then I decided one was enough to mostly go around. You can get the clippy ring things that fit on the rails from Amazon as well. Luckily I had one left on my track to use as a model. https://smile.amazon.com/JR-Product..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=0FKXT48NWGDDHNDB0341

They also have the things that go on the end of the tracks and a clippy thing with a ring instead of a hook which is what I got. I used cheap metal shower curtain rings and...I think that's it.

17. Jimtom

Jimtom New Member

Aug 11, 2018
    Northern Illinois
    Got it! Thanks guys!

18. Lfamily

Lfamily Active Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Siler City, NC
    IMG_20180826_093419.jpg
    When we bought our Flagstaff highwall the owner handed me a huge bag containing among other things the shower curtains (yes plural) saying they never used the shower so they couldn't tell us how they are installed. Weirdest things I've ever seen and I have no idea if I should use one or both or throw them out and buy a regular one. They both have the same shape but one has Velcro on all the sides and one has no Velcro at all. I thought the short side was to allow access to the towel bar and soap dish but have tried hanging them in every direction possible and that area isn't accessible. The hangers in the bag fit the ceiling track perfectly. It's a puzzle.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  19. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Huh. Weird. Yet you know it has to go in there somehow. Does the short side maybe go over the toilet? I have been too shy to ask here whether or not one should cover the toilet with the shower curtain whilst showering. I have been but it does add to an extra claustrophobic feeling...

On the Fleetwood, the ends of the curtain rail overlaps slightly at the towel bar and faucet side so I assume you just reach through to access those. I COULD use one of your curtains in mine for the "privacy room". According to the brochure, new this year (2008) is a curtain to go across the whole end of camper to enclose the bathroom area (and stove). An L-shaped curtain would be great to go over the counter!

Anyway, definitely repost this in its own thread. I betcha the Flagstaff/Rockwood people are more likely to notice.

20. Lfamily

Lfamily Active Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Siler City, NC
    Will do, thanks!