fleetwood sea pine - price?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Karen Smith, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Karen Smith

Karen Smith New Member

I am looking to buy a new 2007 fleetwood sea pine folding trailer this fall somewhere in massachusetts - can anyone give me some advice on pricing - is it like buying a car, I mean, can I try to negotiate the price, or do you pay whatever price they give you? This will be our first experience buying a pop up so we need all the help we can get. I was quoted $9,300 at Bradford's RV in Raynham, MA this afternoon. What do you think? THanks to anyone who can lend advice.

2. clynches

clynches New Member

Hi Karen,
    I just got a quote for a 2008 Sea Pine from Peco Campers in Atlanta for $7,195. They were selling their 2007's for $6,995. Now take into account the fact that Peco sells pop-ups for way less than any other dealer I've seen. We bought our pop-up used from a private person so I can't help you with any dealer specifics but I would assume you should be able to somewhat negotiate the price.
    Christina

3. tampajim

tampajim New Member

Maybe it's just me but I hate to buy anything new.....sees always to be a lot of nice used pups out there being sold by folks and at a lower price than the dealers used price. Just like a new car, there is considerable mark up and a considerable deprecession once you tow it off the lot. The only upside is the warranty that comes with a new pup.

Jim in Tampa
    2004 Fleetwood Sequoia
    2003 Dodge Durango
    Trips in 2006: 9
    Nights in the PUP: 25

Trips in 2007: 5
    Nights in the PUP: 22

http://community.webshots.com/user/jimbotpa99

4. Karen Smith

Karen Smith New Member

Thanks to both of you for your advice. I wish I lived in Georgia because that price is over a thousand lower than dealers here in Massachusetts. As far as buying used, I agree and would definitely consider it IF I can find one that I like, but the search has been long thus far and to no avail. Thanks again.