Florida Lakes with Tent Camping!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Sharon, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Its been a while since I have been here. As yall know we sold our pup back in June or maybe July, cant remember. But it sold in 3 days, we then upgraded our tow vehicle with hopes to have a TT by January.

Well, here it is, January and it don't look like we will have one any time soon, change in income again, and saving for medical expenses for the hubby our insurance wont cover come first.

We were going to sell the boat (Fisher 1700) to get a TT. Had many people look at it, and love it, but just dont want to spend the money right now. I know how that is. So we are considering just keeping it and doing some tent camping for a while. So we can still get out in the woods.

So what are some good lakes with tent camping available in Florida. Im between Tampa and Lakeland. Any suggestions.

Sharon

2. badgamuss

badgamuss Member

Hello, not sure what your boat is worth, but I traded mine for a PUP. I had a 1998 Monterey 210 Cuddy and was able to trade it for a 2010 Viking epic. I called RV dealers in my area to see what they would do to work with me. Most would not give me enough, but I did find one with a nice PUP that was willing to trade even. Just had to pay for the title and tag. Just an option.

3. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Thanks for that info, We had considered it before. And actually applied for a load for a camper, they offered us 3500 for our boat, but the bank wouldnt play because the age of the camper, it was a 2006 and because we were not financing enough. This is why we were trying to sell it ourselves.

So I think if we go with a newer one and a little more, we could probably do it. But right now with income change, we are trying to pay off other things before we take on any thing else.

Sharon

4. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

As any good Eagle Camper ought to know, solicitations for campground suggestions belong in the Campground Suggestion sub-forum. [;)]

Good luck with your search.

5. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Opps! Sorry,

Can a mod move this for me.

It started out as a just checking in and got sidetracked. LOL

Sharon.

6. billangiep

billangiep Member

Silver lake is about 45 min.north just off interstate 75....never camped there but did a drive by and it looks nice...boat ramp, showers etc. There are three camp grounds.
    http://www.floridaforestservice.com/state_forests/withlacoochee_croom.html

We camp at River Junction often, sites #1,#14 and #16 are right on the little withlacoochee river. Great kayaking !! They also have a boat ramp with good access to Silver lake. Its 20 min.or so north of Dade city off hwy 301.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

7. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

8. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

Lake Kissimmee.
    Medard.

I'll think of more later.

9. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Thanks for the links and info Yall.

I live around the corner from Medard, never camped there, have fished and never caught any thing. I dont know about yall, But I find it hard to camp a mile or two from the house. LOL

10. billangiep

billangiep Member

Here's a great list, not all of them have camping facilities but they are free , Generally no water or electric hook ups with just a valted toilet just call ahead or book online for the gate combo.
    Potts Preserve is right on the river and there is a boat ramp just down the road, dock your boat at the campsite !
    http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/recreation/map.php

11. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Oh, that sounds great. We do a lot of primitive camping in the green swamp when hubby hunts. So will check this our for sure.

Sharon

12. Mongo71

Mongo71 Longwood FL

Lake Louisa State Park has a very nice campground right on a lake. In Clermont

13. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

I think Lake Louisa has a hp limit on the lake but not positive.

Some of the springs have rivers you can use a boat in.
    Silver River S.P. I know has a boat launch nearby but not in the campground.

If you thnk about it, any campground in Florida has a lake nearby for fishing. Lol

14. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Yes, that is what Im thinking. LOL

I just like to hear peoples thoughts on a place before I head out. Looks like some day trips might need to be planed.

My Nephew lives near Alexandra springs so I think we are planning to go there. With the canoe.

Sharon