Florida Panhandle

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by mubadub, Feb 16, 2017.

1. mubadub

mubadub New Member

Jan 3, 2016
    We are looking for a beach side campground in the Destin, Navarre, Pensacola, Panama City area. I've looked at Ft. Pickens but it seems so far from every thing. We like to go out to eat and do some shopping occasionally. Anybody have any suggestions?

2. thelmuth

thelmuth Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Brooksville, FL
    St. Andrews State Park in Panama City Beach has a nice beach, large campground with several sites on the water and air conditioned bathhouses.

3. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
  4. geologist1

geologist1 New Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Jacksonville FL
    we just returned from St Andrews, very large campground so choose your site wisely.... the ones toward the south end have less privacy. We had site #97 which was nice, but had our eyes on #90 (right on the bay [A]) which was a no-show for 2 nights,,,,, We also stayed at Blackwater River SP for 2 nights, great campground and kayaking was outstanding [KK]

5. crackerJack

crackerJack Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    The three saints.
    St George, St Andrew, and St Joe. Beautiful SP's on the beach, very affordable.

Good luck getting in this year. The best sites are booked a year out and they fill up 6 months out.

6. SueH8

SueH8 New Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Louisiana
    image.jpg
    My daughter and I camp at Grayton Beach State Park every year after Labor Day. It's beautiful, well maintained, has secluded camp sites, and tons of shopping and dining within a few minutes drive.

7. smhartman

smhartman Member

Jul 30, 2012
    We like Henderson Beach. Yes, it's in the secondary dunes and across from Walmart/shopping but that's why we like it. We do all types of camping and Henderson Beach works for us during Spring Break because we don't travel with camper packed and grab our necessities once we arrive. Love the beaches around the panhandle.

8. Crysalin

Crysalin New Member

May 15, 2017
    Pensacola, FL
    We are doing Pickens this weekend. But we've done Big Lagoon in Pensacola also. Small beach, close to smaller shops and some food. I want to do Blackwater and then head towards Panama City and camp. I've seen Falling Waters and that was a nice little spot. Not on the water, but has nice trails and a waterfall.

9. internetauthor

internetauthor First Time PuP Owner in Texas!

Jun 13, 2015
    Nobody mentioned Topsail Hill Preserve State Park. I haven't stayed there yet - trying it out this summer for the first time. Is it not as good as the reviews say it is?

10. Crysalin

Crysalin New Member

May 15, 2017
    Pensacola, FL
    I have never stayed there. Reviews on Floridastateparks.org is really good. We may do that one later on.

11. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Top Sail is a great place, it was an RV resort. They have all hookups including TV. also a little train will take you down to the beach free, has 3 freshwater pond for fishing. We loved it but the big problem is getting a reservation as it stays pretty well full. If you go be sure and go to the crab house about mile up the road on the right.