Flying insect screen for furnace vent

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Cheesehead RV, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Cheesehead RV

Cheesehead RV New Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Hi all.
    Looking for a flying insect screen for our 2018 Aliner Classic's furnace vent. The furnace model is Atwood Hydro flame 7916-II. Was thinking maybe the Camco WH200?
    Thanks for any help and Happy Camping!

2. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Minnesota
    I stuff a small rag in mine until the heating season begins. A piece of copper wool like a potscrubber works well too.

3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    The vent on the TT has two round holes about the size of tennis balls. We bought the similar Camco screen, and so far so good. We visited the camper last weekend after five months in storage and didn't see any sign of critter invasion. [:)C]

715PFtGdfPL._SL1200_.jpg

4. davido

davido Active Member

Jul 17, 2014
    That's the one I have. Here's a link:
    http://a.co/9CiIGeR

It connects easily using a couple of spring clips, and holds securely while towing -- very important. :)

Set it and forget it.

5. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    I put one on my Aliner, but don't recall what model number it is. I picked it up locally.

[​IMG]

6. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I put one on ours last season... a different style but it fits great. One less thing to winterize, and it's nice knowing wasps or what not can't make a nest in there.

7. Cheesehead RV

Cheesehead RV New Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Thanks all for the help.
    Our vent is (1) round port with a square plate around it.
    Guess I'm in no hurry here. It's snowing like a banshee here!

8. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I was on the back side of the trailer one time when the furnace first comes on. It sure does shoot a big flame out of it haha... Sure glad mine isn't installed close to anything.

[​IMG]

We really don't use our propane furnace much anymore. It is way too much heat for us... Its our backup heat for those times we camp down in the teens I guess...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

9. davido

davido Active Member

Jul 17, 2014
    If your furnace exhaust vent or combustion vent shoots a big flame out of it when the furnace engages you need to get that furnace serviced immediately.

• Shooting a big flame out of a furnace could start a forest fire.
    • Shooting a big flame out of a furnace exhaust is inefficient use of your heating source -- it does no good to heat the great outdoors.
    • Shooting a big flame out of a furnace exhaust could be an indication that you have a huge problem -- cracked heat manifold or gas line, for example, which could lead to CO asphyxiation, or a propane explosion.
    • Shooting a big flame out of a furnace exhaust could damage your trailer or start a trailer fire.

tfischer and kitphantom like this.
  10. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    I pulled the plate off and cut a stainless steel screen a little bit bigger and sandwiched it between the pup and the plate. cost was a buck or two from a local hardware store.

11. Tukee44

Tukee44 Member

Apr 28, 2012
    I'd like to know how do you refill your water? Lift the container up and tilt it. That is tough on your back man.

12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    What you see in that picture is his grey water setup.

13. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Roy's image

Hey guys. Yes this is my sink water drain when camping off grid. When one containers fills up I switch the hose to second container and then carry off the full one to a bath house somewhere or fill a hole in the ground away from everything... I also have a two wheeled tote to use as well...

The fresh water fill is on the other side of the trailer by the front door. Here I use a jeri-can to fill my on-board tank with fresh water when needed... It is indeed kinda of heavy. You also have to be careful not to let the weight on the jeri-can to break off the fill port...

I also have a cassette potty setup in the trailer which has a pull out container with wheels. I can move this to a localized bath room building and pour down their Preventive toilet or go fill a hole in the ground off in the woods away from the camp site and fill in with dirt...

[​IMG]
    Google image

All about camping in the woods hehe...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  14. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    to fill the freshwater a oil pump for a turkey fryer works well