For those who bought wheels/tires from eTrailer- Do you have them balanced?

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by tfischer, Jun 14, 2018 at 11:35 AM.

1. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Subject says it all. For those who have purchased wheel/tire combos from eTrailer, do you have them balanced at a local tire shop? Or do you just bolt them on and run?

If you did the former, how much did you pay? And was the tire shop put off that you didn't purchase from them?

-Tim

2. soft 17

soft 17 Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    San Luis Obispo
  3. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    I ordered tires for my truck from Walmart and had them delivered to Expressway Oil about a mile from me. There are online tire stores that ship to Pepboy too. If I ever get my camper on the road, I will take it to have the tires balanced.

4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Experience as a fleet manager with a major trucking company has taught me that balancing a trailer tire is a waste of money. I have purchased thousands of trailer tires in sizes from 12 inch up 24.5's

myride likes this.
  5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I always get the tires balanced on all my trailers, boat trailer, trucks and RV's

Whiteycracker likes this.
  6. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

Sep 5, 2015
    Syracuse, NY
    I took mine to a Goodyear place and they said the weight was negligible.

7. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I don't get the tires balanced on my small trailers....boat, utility, or now gone popup. However, I got them balanced on my TT. I didn't want a vibrating trailer to shake the nice cabinets apart.

8. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I bought mine 4 years ago from etrailer and just mounted them as is. I have never noticed any sway wiggle or bounce.

9. Fless

Fless Active Member

^^^^ Ditto. Bought them mounted on wheels from eTrailer. Didn't balance them.

10. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

For those who balanced them, what did you pay?

11. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I can get tires balanced for 5 bucks if I carry them in.