Fort Wilderness @ Disney World.

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Fishman1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Good morning, I’m new here and this question has probably been asked many times before. What are the pros and cons of camping at Fort Wilderness ? Might be going down soon and the input will be appreciated.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Our resident expert has gone mia. Im booked for halloween of this year. Pros and cons of what exactly, camping vs hotels? Or just the campground in general? I thought it was a lot cheaper and people seem to love tbe campsight, its disney after all. Some just go to camp there. Do you have kids, plan to hit the parks? What type of camper? When do you want to go?

3. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Coleman Taos. No children. Pros and cons of the camp ground. Probably go in January. Do plan to go to the parks. Thanks

4. kgesiako

kgesiako Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Chicagoland area
    Heading there end of March with d/w and 7yo d/d. Driving from Chicago. Interested in hearing people’s input also since this is our first trip there.

5. kgesiako

kgesiako Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Chicagoland area
    No word with orchid yet? Was looking forward to getting input from her. Hope all is ok

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Pros are its disney, so its supost to be super clean, nice although might be a bit overpriced for some stuff. I liked it because, you get, free busses or fairy to disney, it has some activites( i have a daughter so some of those might not be great for you) , free movies each night. Pools look good, they have a quite one for adults. You get to reserve your fast pass stuff 6 months in advance or something. Thats only for people staying at Disney resorts. So if you stay elsewhere the rides tou want may be booked. You get free magic bands for the park, wristband for the fastpasses. Otherwise its 20 bucks. You get free parking if you drive to a park , otherwise it costs. They say they have some fishing, horseback riding, archery for a fee, its disney so probably not cheap. I like it because it was way cheaper then a hotel and flying, you can camp( no campfires unless you bring a fire pit with a cover). And save on food etc, while getting some of the perks of staying at a disney property. You get the bonous magic hours.

Con, no dump stations. So get a full hook up if you need water, sewer etc. Otherwise they send you to empty campsights to dump chem toilet etc. I couldent get a full hook up sight. Book now lol. It books up quick. I booked a year out and had trouble getting a sight.

7. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    No, most of my info is from orchid, and her guy booked my trip, otherwise on the web sight all camp spots were booked. She was going to try and meed us there also........im atually pretty woried about her.

8. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    If you have trouble booking i can pm the info for the guy thqt books the stuff. It was eaisier then me doing it.

9. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    The Disney boards have a ton of info on Ft wilderness.

Think it is disboards.com or something like that.

Fishman1 likes this.