## Forum Upgrade ##

Discussion in 'Web Site Features/Products' started by PopUpSteve, Mar 3, 2017.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    It means that the old avatars will soon be available but if you wish to use your own, just make it a camping like theme. Your fine tfischer.

tfischer likes this.
  2. CougarMan

CougarMan New Member

Dec 8, 2016
    West Tennessee
    As a former webmaster of a forum for a local car club for over 10 years, I can appreciate the hard work that it takes to manage and migrate forum software. I've only been a lurker here for a couple of months but thank you to all who manage and support this website.

One thing I have noticed is that links that point to previous forum posts or to previous forum media take me back to the forum home page. One example is the happy camper fun book found at the link below. I've seen this problem before when transitioning from one software version to another but I'm not sure if a mod or patch is available to preserve old links.
    http://www.popupportal.com/threads/colemen-fleetwood-happycamper-funbook.42012/

I hope this helps. Thanks again!

3. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Sometimes that's possible, e.g. with some mappings via an .htaccess file, but it tends to be hard to set up unless there's a pre-written one going from the old software to the new.

4. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Rocket City, USA
    I've yet to see it work when changing vendors for example SMF to XenForo)

seen some attempts, but there's alway problems.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  5. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    POPUP STEVE

I can't seem to find the old LIBRARY LIST for the different POPUP manufacturers... See some discussion about this here and there but can't figure out how to get to that part again with the new format you are working on... I am on the RV NET crowd alot and this site was always referred to go look for older POPUP manuals etc...

When I click on the link shown here it just puts me to a page somewhere. I was hoping to find the page that had all of the different manufacturers logo listed on it.

Doing good so far with the changes... Got a few things to get used to however. All of the threads titles listed in RED in one to get to used to haha... I'm still fumbling around to find the things I need to do... Looked and looked for the QUOTE button to push and of course it always right under my eyes but was called REPLYS hehe...

I took your suggestion of placing my small rig photo in the post side verses adding it to my signature line... Got it down to click click now

You are doing great getting all the changes in place. I'm glad I don't have your job doing this... Sounds like a nightmare project to me...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  6. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Ditto.

I found it once, but not been able to find it again. :( [:)C]

7. jeeper88

jeeper88 Let's go Camping and Jeepin

Apr 24, 2011
    Ocala,FL

8. jeeper88

jeeper88 Let's go Camping and Jeepin

Apr 24, 2011
    Ocala,FL
    Wow thought I was on a diff forum at first!!! Good lookin site.

9. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Rocket City, USA
  10. ollodart

ollodart Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Covington, WA
    I'd like to have my username changed to SlyFoxSeattle. This forum software indexes usernames on Google. If you could I would be very appreciative ...

11. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

Jun 21, 2012
    Champaign Illinois
    can't find my way to the midwest rally site. without scrolling down for ever. No way to see the last post first? I don't want to scroll through 6 months of conversations to get to what is newest?

12. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

Jun 21, 2012
    Champaign Illinois
    It's going to take me a few months to get anything out of this thing. I'll try to figure it out.

13. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Jan 28, 2015
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Yeah I like it like you say, but having said that.
    If you go to the top right hand side of the screen when you are the home page.
    You can select all forums read (If you are happy with that) and it will mark all messages read.
    Then when you come back on and read any thread with new posts, it will take you straight away to the last message in the thread.(Or newest messages)

14. Michele

Michele New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Florida
    Trying to do this also. New member and when I registered I ended up with my first name....I would prefer my screen name be used instead (tallyshelly). Can you do this for me or point me in the correct direction? Thx.