Found this forum just in time...have to repair our pup ourselves...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ken and Kim, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Ken and Kim

Ken and Kim New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Florida Panhandle
    We have a Viking SP210...think it is a '94 or '96, still going back through stuff to find out for sure. Our lift system broke. Took it to Camping World by us and they were not helpful. Without even looking at it, quoted me $2000 to fix. Uh, yea, no. So, here we are. Long time tent campers upgraded to pup about 5? years ago. I love Betsie...we need to fix her!!!
    --Kim

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the Portal from N/W Fl Panhandle. Congrats om the Viking PUP. CW is not known for having an affordable repair facility, and probably no one there knows how to repair it anyway. If you do not want to tackle it, check other repair shops, or I am sure someone on here has tackled this problem before. Good Luck on the repairs, I hope you get it fixed soon
    so you can enjoy the summer in style. Good Luck and Happy Camping

Ken and Kim likes this.
  3. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Welcome to the party. You may want to post in the The Camper - In The Garage/ Lift system.
    Any pic's of the broken parts will also help.

Ken and Kim, kitphantom and J Starsky like this.
  4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the West Virginia mountains.. Good luck on your lift repairs

Ken and Kim likes this.
  5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    6ad4135f4a202c41426d6f8c1f8a6abc--welcome-to-group.jpg from the Connecticut.

Ken and Kim likes this.
  6. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA! Hope you get your repairs sorted out quickly!

Ken and Kim likes this.
  7. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    Ken and Kim likes this.
  8. J Starsky

J Starsky Active Member

Aug 3, 2017
    East Central MN
    Welcome, take some pics of the busted parts, for explain what's happening and surely somebody will support you better than $2500. I swear $2500 is slang for "get this popup out my parking lot".

Ken and Kim and kcsa75 like this.
  9. Dan from Troup

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    They bid it high hoping you'll walk away and further, probably don't have anyone who knows how to fix it. Fortunately you're in good hands here and can be walked through any repairs. I'll be tackling my lift cable soon so stay tuned.

Ken and Kim likes this.
  10. Ken and Kim

Ken and Kim New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Florida Panhandle
    Thanks! Would love to get it repaired somewhere, DH has so much on his plate and already and I am about useless mechanically speaking! We just don't know anywhere around here to try.

11. Ken and Kim

Ken and Kim New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Florida Panhandle
    Thanks...I will forward this to DH.

12. Ken and Kim

Ken and Kim New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Florida Panhandle
    Thanks! I will check it out! Our first step: trying to figure out how to hold the roof up so we (read so hubby!) can get a look at what broke.

Dan from Troup likes this.
  13. Dan from Troup

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    Might crawl under camper and look at lift cable first. It runs under the center and attached to the winch. If it's broken you can't raise the roof nor do you need to, to replace the cable. The lift cable is replaced with the top down. My cable just arrived from Goshen and will be replacing soon (after finishing my home bath remodel). You might want to keep an eye out for my posts on this as I do mine.

14. Ken and Kim

Ken and Kim New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Florida Panhandle
    Thanks. Unfortunately, ours (we got it raised and supported so found document that it is a '92) does not have a cable system underneath. We have removed the access panels inside, what a PIA!

15. Dan from Troup

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    Try to keep a good attitude and take your time if you're doing it. Lots of good help here. Might take some pics and post here if you're needing some pointers.

Ken and Kim likes this.
  16. Ken and Kim

Ken and Kim New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Florida Panhandle
    Thanks! DH has found the problem...something about bent/twisted pulley, pulley wall and twisted cables. Have ordered parts. Fingers crossed!!