Free Camping at the Vineyard!

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by hayyward, Sep 29, 2018.

1. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Packerland
    I came across this website and wanted to share. No "tent trailers" allowed. It's an opportunity for FREE "qualified self-contained RV" camping at vineyards, orchards, farms & attractions. https://harvesthosts.com/

Happy Camping! :)

2. nhlakes

nhlakes Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    We're members of HH and enjoy it. I tried to join back when I had the Aliner but could not due to not having self contained black/grey water tanks. External grey water and porta-potty made it a no go. Since having the TT we have joined and have used it a couple of time, once at a winery and once at an apple orchard. Both were fun and free (assuming you don't count the 4 bottles of wine we purchased) ;)

hayyward likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Sounds great. I filed the web site for future reference. Thanks for sharing

hayyward likes this.
  4. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Mass
    Any campground that has a "no tent trailers allowed" rule is not a good campground and shouldn't be promoted on a pop up forum.

5. nhlakes

nhlakes Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    Harvest Hosts are not campgrounds, they are businesses that allow some overnight stays with restrictions

6. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Packerland
    Businesses with manicured grounds and without facilities to accommodate campers not self-contained. My intention was to share a camping opportunity with the forum members who have 'gone to the dark side'. I posted in the appropriate thread. I apologize if anyone is offended.