Fresh Water Tank Help Please!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by mwineswan, May 26, 2018.

1. mwineswan

mwineswan New Member

May 4, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Hello all!
    New PUP owner here. Just brought home a 2012 Flagstaff Forest River Mac M 205 and was in the process of sanitizing the fresh water tank. I was aware that there was a leak in the tank, and today found out how bad the leak is. I attached a picture, but it looks like there is a large crack near the top of the tank. (in the picture, it is near the middle of the picture, between the bottom of the camper and what looks like a copper tube) My question is: Do you all think that this is something that is fixable? (and how?) Or should I start saving up for a new water tank? My DH is handy, but also works a job that does not give him a lot of time off. Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    You tube has a lot of suggestions. I would try fixing it. Just to add the tank as nothing to do with the city water connection, so you could still use that.....and the fresh tank can be used if you do not fill it all the way.