Furnace for Jayco Popup

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by PaulnDebbie, Mar 3, 2019.

1. PaulnDebbie

PaulnDebbie New Member

I am trying to find out what Make and Model furnace was used on a 2004 Jayco Qwest 12A. The furnace was an option and My unit does not have one. Would like to find out what brand was used by the Manufacturer.

Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. I've seen Atwood mentioned on Jayco Owners site.

PaulnDebbie likes this.
  4. PaulnDebbie

PaulnDebbie New Member

Thanks Steve!

I have looked at the manual and under the section for “heater” it just refers the owner to the manual for the heater. Since mine did not come with the furnace option I’m really stuck, unless someone owns one and can tell me what Jayco supplied in the unit. I was able to see on the Jayco site that it was a 16,000 btu furnace according to the specs.

My next option is to measure the space and then look at options that will fit, but if I knew what Jayco had supplied could at least start shopping a bit. I will have measure eventually anyway, but trying to shop a bit first to get an idea on price.

Thanks again.

5. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Instead of installing a furnace, have you though about using a portable heater instead? It would be a lot less expensive.

Sjm9911 and PaulnDebbie like this.
  6. PaulnDebbie

PaulnDebbie New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. That is currently what I do, however there are issues with doing this. I primarily camp in National Parks so very often there are no electric hookups. This means I have to use a Propane heater, like Mr Heater. When you use that in the camper you have to ensure; 1) you have ventilation, and 2) it creates a great deal of condensation. With a furnace they are vented to the outside and therefore safer from Carbon Monoxide perspective and also the condensation is not an issue. Instead of getting the tent fabric wet you will actually help it to dry.

BikeNFish likes this.
  7. PaulnDebbie

PaulnDebbie New Member

I found it in the very back of the owners manual it lists Atwood. Gold stars to Popup Steve and WrKrBee, Thanks for your help. BTW looks like Atwood was acquired by Dometic.

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

There really only seem to be a couple of manufacturers for small RV furnaces. You may be able to just measure the space and buy one to fit. The one in our TT is a Suburban and I think the one in our Coleman Cobalt was the same brand, if not also the same model.
    You might even contact a Jayco dealer and ask what they would install if they had to replace one in your model.
    ETA, since someone answered while I was typing: Atwood is the other brand, so looks like that might be it for yours.

PaulnDebbie likes this.
  9. IndyRick

IndyRick New Member

I recently contacted Jayco to as for additional info on my 2019 12SC, and they were very helpful.

https://www.jayco.com/site/contact/service/

10. MikeRule

MikeRule Member

Hi - I've 2000 and 1999 12ft Jayco Eagles - both have an Atwood Hydroflame Model 7916-IIs. I've attached a manual if it's helpful.

Attached Files: