Galley for 1982 Viking Mini Gasser pup help!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Boopie Nuovo, May 13, 2019.

1. Boopie Nuovo

Boopie Nuovo Member

Hi!

I am restoring (lol!) A 1982 Viking Mini Gasser pup. It has only one bunk and I couldn't resist it when I saw it. I am having trouble finding info on it. There is a cabinet that is quite solid and has two doors on the front. It looks like it should have a swing up galley on the top but there is no evidence there was ever one there! My question is, do you think I should build one to go there? There is a place on the tongue for a battery, but no place for propane and it is not plumbed for it, either. So my galley would be a place for a sink and counter at a good height. I can do that much but the propane is beyond my skills. This is a TINY camper as the box is roughly 6x7 feet. Did I give enough info? Thanks!

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

I can imagine putting in a swing up counter and using a butane stove, or a propane stove with the small bottle. Personally, I never cooked inside of my camper even though I had the ability.

3. Boopie Nuovo

Boopie Nuovo Member

Thanks! I don't plan to actually install a stove top. But i was thinking about a sink. Beyond that is the basic question of installing a swing up cabinet at all. I will probably end up fabricating one from scratch as there doesn't appear to be any out there small enough to fit.

4. TinyCamperPro

TinyCamperPro Member

Just looked a picture and thats a pretty neat pup! I've seen quite a few pivoting hinges on both McMaster Carr and on Amazon. Some pictures would be helpful to see how much room you have to work with. You could also use a slide out if there's room in the cabinet to put that.

5. Boopie Nuovo

Boopie Nuovo Member

Ok. I only have one picture until tomorrow when it gets light. Here is a picture of the cabinet that would be the base upon which I would put the galley. It is about 37 1/2 wife and about 15 1/2 high. Immediately to the right is the edge of the box and the bed. Immediately to the left is the bench for the dinette.

6. Boopie Nuovo

Boopie Nuovo Member

7. Boopie Nuovo

Boopie Nuovo Member

Here's the picture, lol!

8. Boopie Nuovo

Boopie Nuovo Member

9. VikingGirl

VikingGirl New Member

With space being at a premium, why even build one? With whatever you build, it will need to drop it down for transport. You are then loosing packable space. In our viking, with 2 double sized bunk ends, space is tight. If I could, I would have eliminated the sink & the stove top in trade for more clear counter space. We never use the sink. We cook & cleanup dishes outside.

10. Boopie Nuovo

Boopie Nuovo Member

Thanks all, for replying.
    Tiny Camper Pro your bunkhouse is winderful!
    Viking Girl I am seriously leaning towards just making a swing up with a flat counter space and no sink. But I guess I am going to be make my it from scratch!
    Thanks for your input!