Gaps at the top of my stepper door

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by pagbaum, Jun 10, 2019.

1. pagbaum

pagbaum New Member

Hi All,
    Brand new here. Just got our first PUP: a 2002 Coleman Sea Pine.

When everything is collapsed and closed up, there are two large gaps where the stepper door meets the body and roof of the camper. Is there supposed to be some kind of flap or cover or seal that goes over these gaps? So far I cannot find any info on this and having never owned one of these before I dont know what "normal" is supposed to look like. I've uploaded a couple of pics to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Normal? Beats me, but my '08 Bayside has the same gaps. I don't worry about it till I put it away for the winter, then I block the openings with some scrap vinyl trim I have laying around.
    Good luck and welcome to the Portal!

3. pagbaum

pagbaum New Member

THanks! I was thinking I could make some kind of flap/cover but was thinking their might be some part missing. Scrap Vinyl sounds pretty good. :)

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I have an 04 fleetwood Utah and it's the same way for me. Surprisingly despite going through rain and what not, I never had water get inside while traveling or even in storage. However like mentioned above if in winter storage I'm covering it.