Gas flow - Aliner Classic 2016

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by KCandLP, Oct 26, 2018.

1. KCandLP

KCandLP New Member

Oct 18, 2018
    North Carolina
    We just bought a used Aliner Classic 2016. I’m not getting gas flow to any of the appliances. I’m trying to resolve some battery issues too so maybe it’s best to keep the conversation around the gas cooktop as I don’t believe that should rely on any 12V service. I’ve got the gate valves at the end points open and the tank open but no flow. I looked online for commentary about the regulator and I’m thinking that’s the most likely issue. Since it’s pretty cheap to replace I think I’ll go that route to see if it fixes my problem - but wanted to see if anybody has anything to suggest before I go that route? Since the regulator is fairly new I don’t think it should have failed - but maybe some liquid propane got into it or maybe it was exposed to bad weather (or somebody adjusted the pressure and shut it down for some reason). Thanks for any suggestions.

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Could be the safety valve in the regulator. It closes when it senses a large gas flow. Close all gas valves in the camper for 5 minutes or so, to allow the safety valve to reset. Open the tank valve very slow to allow the camper line to pressurize slowly. Then try lighting your appliance. Make sure the vent on the regulator is turned down to keep water and dirt out.
    http://www.propane101.com/regulatordetails.htm

3. brainpause

brainpause New Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Does your camper have two tanks of propane? If it doesn't have an auto changeover valve, maybe the valve is pointing at the wrong tank.

If you do have two tanks and both of them are open you can ignore this suggestion

4. WrkrBee

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Make sure there is gas in the tanks. I have tried to trace a gas problem, and the guy was out of gas.

5. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Mar 3, 2006
    TX
    Knowing nutin' but what you posted I'd suggest a new

[​IMG]

6. KCandLP

KCandLP New Member

Oct 18, 2018
    North Carolina
    Thanks - if anything its too full. I didn’t know how full it was when I bought it and I brought it to a UHAUL and they said it was completely full.

7. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Gate valves? There are no gate valves in the LPG system.

8. KCandLP

KCandLP New Member

Oct 18, 2018
    North Carolina
    I may be using the wrong terminology. I’m talking about the lever type of controls that are on the quick connect fitting on the inside and outside of the Aliner for the gas cooktop.

9. WrkrBee

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Ball valves.

10. KCandLP

KCandLP New Member

Oct 18, 2018
    North Carolina
    I think my problem is the connector from the tank to the regulator or the regulator itself. Nothing else makes sense. I took the gas bottle and hooked it up to my outdoor grill and it worked fine. I have ordered a connecting hose and a new regulator and I’ll post when I replace the existing units to tell you if that solves the problem.

11. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Also check to see if the idiot before you teflon taped over the interior of the valve itself. Ive seen it happen.