Georgia SP Campgrounds

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by georgiadave, Oct 29, 2011.

1. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

Could any one suggest a few good SPs in Georgia, The Dw and I would like to visit a few staring next spring, We live in Hartwell and will mostly camp around lake Hartwell SPs and COE, Since we have a boat, But we would like to visit a few nice SPs in other parts of Ga. Thanks

2. robctry69

robctry69 New Member

im curious on some near the south end of georgia myself im in north fl and would like to try some new spots

3. FC

FC Central Florida

Red Top Mountain state park.

4. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

Thanks, RedTop Mountain looks like a very good park, Its on a lake but looks to have some nice trails, I love camping on the lake but where I live a lake camp ground is withen 10mils in any direction I go, the closest is Payne's creek it 3 mls from me.

5. jackcamper

jackcamper Hello fellow campers!

Try Richard B. Russell in Elberton. It is very nice, has boat ramps and even cable tv. Only 26 sites, but very nice park. You better get reservations tho.

6. 3pillons

3pillons Press hard, Five copies.

Reed Bingham SP in Adel is nice. Big sites and a nice lake. Exit 39 on I-75 I believe.

7. thegoodlife

thegoodlife New Member

x2 for Reed Bingham. We camped there for the first time last weekend and really enjoyed it. Its on Hwy 37, Just outside of Adel. Also check out Georgia Veterans SP. Its on Lake Blackshear in Cordele.

8. hometownhiker

hometownhiker Active Member

9. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

Thanks Guys, Im going to give them all a good look on the pc, Then DW and I will make us a list

10. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

I like all the ones y'all posted, and I know all lakes are different, But since I live on lake Hartwell I was sort of looking for something Different, I will definitely camp at tallulah gorge I've never camped there, but its only about a 45 min. drive and we go
    there and to toccoa falls when we just want to get out of the house, same with Helen we will camp there also. I was looking on the state park site and found FD Roosevelt SP and That looks like a good place for a week of camping its got every thing That the DW and I like, Has any of y'all ever been there, I sure would like to hear some peoples opinion of it Thanks

11. Steve Sorrells

Steve Sorrells New Member

If you've not already been, Victoria Bryant State Park near Royston, GA would be very close by for you and is a great campground...tons of trees, a creek and huge campsites. Definitely check it out.

12. georgiadave

georgiadave New Member

Ive been trying to get a site there, but The golfers usually keep it booked on the weekend.

13. Mongo71

Mongo71 Longwood FL

Vogel S.P. in the N.E. part of the state and Skidaway by Savannah. Both outstanding parks. You will love either one.

14. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

We just got home from Skidaway. There is a lot of construction-like activity going on-looks like they may be expanding the campground. Don't worry, it's still a great place to go. You can take in the sights of Savannah.
    If you like military history, just south of Skidaway is Fort McAllister SP. It is a quiet park, but the fort is cool! Great place to bike or hike.
    Magnolia Springs SP is nice, with an actual clear spring surrounded by a boardwalk. Fishing, boat rental, bicycling, and hiking are other activities.
    Laura S. Walker SP, another quiet park, is just outside of the Okeefenoke.
    George L. Smith is a great place to go if you canoe or kayak.
    If you golf, Gordonia-Alatamaha has a nice course.
    Check out the Georgia SP website for more info. http://www.gastateparks.org/