Gilchrist Blue Springs, Florida

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Folsoml, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Folsoml

Folsoml Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Tallahassee, Florida
    We took the hybrid to Gilchrist Blue Springs this weekend. We planned this trip months ago, and were afraid that we would not be able to go snorkeling because all the rain has turned a lot of the springs brown. We were lucky and it cleared up just before we got there. The springs were beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like this picture!
    [​IMG]

Orchid and PopUpSteve like this.
  2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Glad it cleared up for you! Most of the springs around here are still flooded. :sad: It's a bit hot for me, anyway, but not in the water!

Looks beautiful! We've never been there.

Folsoml likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    You picked one of the nicer springs and glad it cleared up for you.Thanks for sharing the pictures. I used to canoe the Suwanee from Ga to the gulf with my Grandson 3-4 times a year we stopped at springs to camp if possible and always enjoyed them. Good Luck and Keep on Camping

Folsoml likes this.
  4. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Looks beautiful and like you guys had a great time.
    Thanks for pics

5. Folsoml

Folsoml Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Tallahassee, Florida
    I usually like to include some pictures of the camp site, but I took those on my phone.

On a related note: Did you know the iPhone 8 is not as waterproof as it claims to be?

6. NorcrossFlyer

NorcrossFlyer Member

Oct 26, 2015
    North Georgia
    I thought about heading to a FL spring last spring but it didn't work out. I was seeing a lot of bad reviews about locals and college students running a bit wild.

This place ok? No issues?

7. Folsoml

Folsoml Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Tallahassee, Florida
    This campground, while OK, was not my favorite. Other Florida State Park campgrounds I've been to have been separated from the primary recreation area by some distance and/or wooded areas. The usually have signs saying that only registered campers should be beyond that point. Not so here. Saturday morning, the locals did start pouring in. We did not have any issues with them (besides having to share the bathroom/showers with them), but I can easily see the potential.

Don't be fooled by this picture. It was taken at 7 AM Sunday morning.
    [​IMG]

8. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    We spent a week at Salt Springs this April. It was great.