Glad to be here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mavis, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Mavis

Mavis New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    AL
    New here, and glad to have found y'all! The guy we bought from actually suggested y'all to us, and I'm glad he mentioned it because I already have many questions to ask. I'm a wife and a mama to 4 awesome kids (3 here on Earthand 1 beautiful girl waiting on us in Heaven). I've never used a popup before so I'm a newbie, but my husband has some experience from when he was a kid.

We recently bought a '98 Rockwood Freedom, pretty much on a whim! It's campable now, but we plan to do a decent amount of work.

Our oldest (just turned 4) said he wants to keep it forever, so I know the whole family is ready to start traveling asap!

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Welcome to the Portal from North Bay, Ontario. .

3. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome from N/W Fl Panhandle. Congrats on the NTU PUP. I think it is great that the kids are excited about camping, and hopefully the energy will carry on. For some ideas for mods to "Make it your own" try this site and also www.thepopupprincess.com good luck and happy Camping

5. Mavis

Mavis New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    AL
    Thanks! We must not be too terribly far apart...we are close to the AL/FL line!

6. nineoaks2004

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    We are 1/2 mile from the Al line, closest town in Al is Faydette, and about 17 miles S /W of Dothan closest in Fl is Graceville. Look N of Bonifay (abt. 12 mi.) on FL 173 and is Al 49

7. Mavis

Mavis New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    AL
    Seems like we are just a few hours from you, then! Just a couple hours W of Bonifay! Hope y'all faired ok with Hurricane Michael!

8. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Congratulations on the NTU Pup and Welcome to the forum from Midway USA. [:)C]

Mavis likes this.
  9. nineoaks2004

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    We got off easy, it turned before getting to so we got a piece of it tho. no power for 9 days, but Faydette had Gas for the generators, (he had a tanker brought in and a generator ran the pumps) had the TT for hot showers, bathroom and cooking etc. Luckily we have a Free flowing well and had plenty of water I lost one whole horse stall, and a goat stall plus chicken pen roof needs some work, several of the neighbors had trees down, my hunting area is a mess but over all we did great and many others were not so lucky Mariana got hit really hard.

10. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg
    Greetings from the Connecticut shoreline.

11. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the mountains of West Virginia

12. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

13. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina.

14. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Tennessee
    Welcome from TN. We'll be camping in your area as our son and his wife live near Mobile.

15. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Welcome to PopUpPortal.

16. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Welcome from Oklahoma. I grew up in northern AL.