Godspeed John Glenn !

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by PopUpSteve, Dec 8, 2016.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA

I have a connection to John Glenn. I met him once years ago and I'm also named after him, well my middle name anyway.

Yes, Godspeed John Glenn, thank you for your service to our country.

2. Beecoach

Beecoach Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Amen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Sure had more "guts" than me! Godspeed.

4. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    San Diego
    I once met him at a democratic fundraiser where he spoke. He was so genuine and courteous. what an amazing life he led.

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I know I'm dating myself, but John Glenn's flight in Friendship 7 was an event that our grade school made sure we saw. I can remember sitting in the hallway, watching a TV on a stand to see some of the coverage of the flight.

6. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Nov 3, 2015
    North East Florida
    That was a historic moment in US history.... I think I was in 1st or 2nd grade but I'll never forget hearing the live feed from the flight center.... I recently heard a description of how dangerous space flight was in the early days. Amazing courage by all our astronauts to make America #1 in space exploration.

7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I don't think you were born yet for Friendship flight. [;)] It was in 1962, before I was born, too.

I was 5 for the moon landing, and don't remember a thing. That was Neil Armstrong and some others, I think. Not sure.

8. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Nov 3, 2015
    North East Florida
    Orchid... thank you for such a nice compliment... [:D] [:D] [:D] Unfortunately I was 8 [:!]

9. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

OMG! I have seen recent photos of you and you look like you are in your 40's!!!!!!

Sorry about that. [:O]