Going Christmas camping

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by 4xMeteor, Dec 3, 2017.

1. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    DW and I decided to do some camping over Christmas. In the past we did the typical visit family, etc... However, after relocating 2600 miles from family, we're doing something different this year:)

Any one else camping for Christmas?

xxxapache and PopUpSteve like this.
  2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Years ago and for quite a few years, I used to spend 2 weeks camping on the Ocklawaha River in Fl. with my son and a friend, we ran trot lines for cat fish and also caught Bass etc. For Christmas my wife and daughters would meet us at my parents house about 12 miles away and we would celebrate Christmas together. We had the best of both worlds family and enough fish to last a year in the freezer.
    I hope ya'll have a great adventure over the holidays, be safe, good luck and Happy Camping

3. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    WELL.....since we now live in a 5ER, I guess the answer is yes.....
    But the Hybrid is winterized, and ready for any quick dry trip.
    Next scheduled trip is in Feb.

4. Dingit

Dingit Member

Mar 8, 2017
    We're thinking about it, if not ON CHristmas, at least AROUND it.

That reminds me. I need to get my dog some snow boots. Should be entertaining.

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Hoping to go down to DC that weekend and camp near Mt Vernon. I’ll wait until the 20th or 21st to make a final decision based on the weather.

6. penny

penny Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Our kids are coming, in their camper, and we may all head out somewhere, but not sure yet.

7. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Member

Jun 22, 2012
    North Carolina
    campground confirmed for New Years at the beach.... no matter what the weather.

8. penny

penny Member

Nov 9, 2017
    now that sounds like a good plan!!

9. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Mt Pleasant, MI
    With our recent relocation to Michigan, there will not be any Christmas popup camping for us, but this is also our first Christmas away from family so we're considering a cabin rental instead - just us, the dog, a fireplace, and some snow.

10. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    We are headed out tomorrow to visit our 9 grand kids at 4 out of state homes and deliver their gifts. GK's live in three different states. We will travel through 9 states, camp at 7 CG's and travel just over 3,000 miles.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 10:22 PM
    Wild-Life and PointyCamper like this.
  11. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    You could have stayed here and had snow....

thethird152 likes this.
  12. tenttrailer

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    Camped at first campground in VA in the Blueridge, woke up to snow 26 degrees. Headed to raleigh nc area spending few day with DD and faimly. Will head out and camp a few miles north of Hilton Head on the beach and then camp in central FL

13. tenttrailer

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    Then were off to Punta Gorda FL to spend a few days with DD faimily will camp 7 miles from her house. Will update post when we get there. More camping ahead and 2 more family to see.