Going to put the Pup up for sale, fix everything or sell as is?

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Fasttimes7, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Fasttimes7

Fasttimes7 Member

Sep 7, 2014
    Looks like we're moving over to the dark side and will need to sell our pup. It's a 2007 Fleetwood Williamsburg. Have had a blast with it but needs have changed.

Trying to decide if we should fix everything wrong on the pup or sell as is. I babied the pup the best I could but still issues happened. Biggest issue was from an improper installation of the ac gasket that lead to water intrusion in the roof. Gasket was replaced and no more leak, but the damage was done to some of the wood surrounding the ac and visually the wallpaper liner bubbled up. The problem I fear is that will stall any sale. I'd rather drop the price for the issue than go through the process of taking for repair, waiting on it, and then putting up for sale. But I fear it may just drag out the sale.

What to you guys think? Fix or sell as is?

2. penny

penny Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I would think that the answer would depend on how badly damaged the wood is and how much you feel you need to get for the pop up. It seems to me that if you are up front about the damage and the price is a bargain, you may attract the person who is looking for a fixer upper. so much depends on the time of year and the market too. any chance of "trading it in"?

3. JustRelax

JustRelax Active Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    List it and if it is a deal breaker for everyone that looks in the timeline you'd like then pull the listing and fix it. It won't hurt to try first.

4. Fasttimes7

Fasttimes7 Member

Sep 7, 2014
    Didn't consider it, figured I'd get a better deal selling on the side. Dealer is 1300 miles away so it'd be difficult.

5. penny

penny Active Member

Nov 9, 2017
    they probably wouldn't make it worth the effort.

Byrd_Huntr likes this.
  6. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Unless you are capable of repairing so it appears to have never been damaged, leave it alone.

Ductape likes this.
  7. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    As most people who have repaired one will tell you; you can't get out of it what you put into it. If I were inclined to repair a roof, I wouldn't be doing it with the intention of selling it; only because I wanted to keep it. Reduce the price and be honest about the condition. Someone, somewhere would like to get a good deal on one that is repairable. Some people have more time than money for something that they don't "need".

Gunz likes this.
  8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I would sell as is, unless you have lots of free time, and remember time is money, so is the cost of items to do the repairs and you do not really know what you will run into once you start, there could be extensive damage inside the roof. Good Luck and Happy camping

9. NorthernSpirit

NorthernSpirit Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Haliburton, Ontario
    In my experience, if you fix something, something else then needs fixing. One thing can turn into many things! I would sell as is!

10. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    If you are honest about the ceiling, telling people about the gasket and its repair, I doubt it would be a deal breaker. I would sell as is. If someone balks then you can lower the price...