Good, Easy Breakfast (for a crowd)

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by neighbormike, Jul 16, 2017.

1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Tried something different a few trips back... We had a large group (4-5 sites) and I wanted to make a good breakfast for everyone. I set up my D.O. with foil liner on my empty burner and started warming sausage gravy (I cheated & used packets) while I cooked 3lbs of ground pork on my 2-burner griddle. Added the cooked meat to the gravy and simply warmed biscuits (made at home the night before) on the griddle to serve. The gravy packets helped simplify the meal and it went over well (even with my friends' kids!).

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    My go to last morning meal is egg McMuffins. I have a full length griddle on both my road trip and stove. I can toast 6 muffins, eggs and Canadian bacon at once. Quick and easy with just a quick wipe to clean up.

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    I do the same breakfast a couple of times a year... they turn out great! I buy large sausage patties that don't ball-up from a restaurant supply store.... In deed another crowd pleaser!

4. ohiowrangler

ohiowrangler New Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Newark
    It was only for 8-10 people, but we fried some bacon in the dutch oven. Pulled the bacon, added potatoes, onions, hot peppers and seasonings. Cooked then till browned, added bacon and a dozen scrambled eggs. Thru on the lid added coals and let it cook, being the cook I was last to eat. I thought I was going to have to lick the pan, I had another pot started, Ron