Got a site at Yosemite in June for 5 days-Lower Pine Campground

Discussion in 'National Parks, Forests and ACOE Campgrounds' started by nighthawk, Jan 17, 2012.

1. nighthawk

nighthawk New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Anybody camp here before? We're going to be in site 53. Has anyone been in that site with a pup? Any pictures?

Our pup is a 2009 baja and it's 19'-2" long. The site said it fits up to 18' but since ours is lifted basically and it's a pup and it's only 1 foot I think we'll be fine.

Never been to Yosemite so looking forward to it!

2. LjohnSaw

LjohnSaw So many fish, so little time...

Jun 24, 2011
    Northern California
    Stayed in Upper Pines (26 I think). You are close (1/4 mile)to the trail head for Vernal Falls and even closer to the bus stop. Take the bus to see all the other sites (the hotel, Yosemite Falls, etc) and its free!

There might be some snow hanging around that early in the season!

3. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    You did good, you lucky dawg! The campsite you got isn't one of the best, but getting anything at all for that time of year ( for 5 nights!!!) is excellent. The site you got is next to a kind of boggy area, and there might be a few more mosquitoes, but shouldnt be too bad. Take bikes if you can, it's the best way to get around there.
    Here's a website you might find useful.

http://yosemitecampsites.com/

4. hwy395lvr

hwy395lvr New Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Way to go! Does'nt matter where you camp,you're in freakin' Yosemite.Best,easy hike in the park...take the shuttle up to Glacier Point and walk the 4.5 mile Panorama Trail.Mostly downhill with spectacular views of the valley.Brings you all the way down to the valley floor not far from your camp.If you want to check out the bears at night,find the old crabapple orchard next to the stables.They usually feed in there after dark.

5. nighthawk

nighthawk New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Thanks guys. We're soo stoked. We've never been and are definitely going to bring bikes.

We have a 1.5 year old so hopefully she'll do good. She's been camping since she was 3 months but now she's walking so it should be interesting.

Let me know if any others have experience with site 53

6. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    I think hwy395lvr is thinking of the "Four Mile trail". The Panorama is more like 8 miles. Both great hikes, but the Four Mile is probably more suitable for carrying the little one. Theres lots of hikes and secret spots on the valley floor, too.

Greg

7. camper78

camper78 New Member

Dec 16, 2011
    There is a Apache round up going in June 21-25. [CP]

8. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Tried this morning to get a site in mid July. Three of us tried, 2 of us struck out.
    I'll try again next month for late July.

Greg

9. jbarz73

jbarz73 New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah, I struck out today and last month too [:(]

We did manage to get site 22 in Lower Pines for 7 days in June 2010. It either wasn't that popular back then, or I must have been super lucky. It was a great week!

Perhaps we'll do southern CO instead this summer. Good luck.

10. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    It's been popular forever. Maybe you went before most kids get out of school?

Greg