GPAA

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Other Activities' started by scubacamper, Oct 19, 2018.

1. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Just curious who is a member of the GPAA...my DW is a long-time Rock Hound and though there isn't much to mine down here in FL we want to head up to GA and out to the western states to try our luck.

Orchid likes this.
  2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I have a gold diggin' wife! Does that count?

Kidding. She is a rock hound though, but only for Agates.

Orchid and NMroamer like this.
  3. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yes that counts and my 2nd wife was a gold digger and she got rid of me when she realized I didn't have any. ZaZa Gabor once said she was a good Housekeeper, in a a divorce she always kept the House.

4. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Nope, but I find the hobby extremely interesting. Would have been perfect when we lived in WV.

Unfortunately, our little rock-deprived grandsons pilfer an occasional landscaping stone, as they are so impressed when they see a rock.

Interestingly enough, our youngest son had a friend in high school, who lives in Fort White, FL and has a rock quarry in his front yard! We dropped our son off for a sleepover once and stood in complete shock and wonderment at what we were seeing. The friend's dad invited us to take as many rocks as we liked, and welcomed us back for more anytime. The quarry was about 20 yards wide and very deep. I'd say it's a rarity in Florida.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject from gold to rocks. Just reminded me of that and couldn't stop myself from sharing.