Gray Water Drain Question (98 Coleman Sea Pine)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by KLiz, May 22, 2019.

1. KLiz

KLiz New Member

I am taking my NTM 98 Sea Pine out this weekend, starting tonight. I just realized that last time I went out my friend (who owned it at the time) just let the very little bit of sink water (used maybe twice) drain out the side of the camper. It was pouring rain the entire time, so I didn't even think about it. I am planning to be cooking and using the sink more this time, but I realized I don't know how to hook up the gray water. I found a tank online from Walmart that I can pickup today, but I don't know what kind of hose or adapter I will need (and if I can get it today!). My owner's manual doesn't seem to have useful information.

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

My old starcraft had a hose connection on the outside of the pup, right below the sink. I had the small blue tank, probably similar to what you ordered. The tank came with about a foot long piece of garden hose that connected the pup drain to the tank.

Hope this helps.

3. bheff

bheff Active Member

Mine had a screw on connection out side the pup. It has a hose barb end, I simply attached a piece of clear hose, and ended it in a 5 gallon bucket with a small hole drilled in the lid. Cost $5

4. KLiz

KLiz New Member

Is the hose standard garden hose size or do I need to be looking for something else? The camper is at home, but I am at work trying to figure out what to grab quickly on the way home. If all else fails, I can try to set up and not use water tonight and run to Walmart in the morning.

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Reguler garden hose, but you need to get the peice that screws onto the pup that has the garden hose thread.

6. KLiz

KLiz New Member

Is that something I can get at Walmart or piece together from PVC on site?

7. Sjm9911

They have it at wall mart. I took a pic for you. Took me a bit to find it. 20190522_174458-1470x3024.jpg

8. Sjm9911

Also , depending on where you are, you might want to get the garden hose thread fixing kit. So you can cut a longer hose and make a length that works for you. Im getting my set up ready for fathers day, still never used the grey water tote, so i have to figure it out myself. I do know that a 25 foot hose is way too long!

9. KLiz

KLiz New Member

Just an update in case someone with the same camper runs across it later. The drain is actually coming out the bottom of the camper. It isn't on the side. I basically had to sit down on the ground to get it the hose screwed on. It does fit a standard garden hose. I bought a 10 foot hose at Walmart. It is still long, but I will cut it down later. I went back today and bought a brass elbow which will hopefully make the hose easier to attach next time. My tank is too high though and the water is struggling to drain. If I had a shorter tank I wouldn't even need a hose and it would just dump straight in from the bottom of the camper. That may be something I switch to later. In other good news, my sink is leaking under the sink into the cabinet and as always, even with a pressure regulator, my sink sprays water all over the camper every time you turn it on.

eoleson1 likes this.
  10. Sjm9911

Wow , such a difference in 2 years. For the sink spraying check and clean the aerator on the spigot. For the leak , im no help track it down. Unfortunately, the drain issue is more complex. I would see if they had a low profile bag or something that lays close to the ground. That will also make it harder to carry. Smaller hose length will definitly help. I have the gray water tote that is oblong, but there $$$$.