Greetings from Southern Nevada

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by notrondk, May 17, 2018.

1. notrondk

notrondk New Member

May 17, 2018
    Hello PopUp Portal Community,

New to pop up camping, not new to camping! We recently purchased a 2008 Starcraft 2406 to pull behind out 2010 Chev Silverado. We went on one trip so far and loved it. I've spent many years tent camping and sleeping in the back of our SUV. This is by far, the best option. My husband is a hang glider pilot and astrophotographer so being outdoors is essential to our family. We have just found it's a little difficult with kids and dogs so we haven't been camping in forever, actually only a few overnight trips since moving to Las Vegas from Oregon.

We are really looking forward to a summer of camping and being outside enjoying the world. We adopted our daughters last year (9yo and 11yo) and they have never experienced camping. This is such a fun adventure we get to do with them. They both love hiking and we hike locally in Vegas nearly every weekend until the weather gets too hot.

We found additional damage after purchasing the little pop up so now we are getting things in tip top shape for next weekend as we head out for a 6 day trip with the kids and dogs to Echo Canyon.

I have enjoyed reading the tips and information and I can't wait to post about our adventures!

Best,
    Kim Norton
    Las Vegas, NV

jnc likes this.
  2. DJS12354

DJS12354 Active Member

Greetings from NEPA!

notrondk likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome aboard from N/W Fl Panhandle, Congrats on the Starcraft. Hope ya'll keep on enjoying it for a long long time. Good Luck and Keep On Camping

notrondk likes this.
  4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Congratulations on the NTU Pup and Welcome to the forum from Midway USA. [:)C]

5. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Welcome to the party.

6. megcabra

megcabra Active Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    6ad4135f4a202c41426d6f8c1f8a6abc--welcome-to-group.jpg