Had to say goodbye to our loving dog Molly

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by fourhallatts, Mar 22, 2017.

1. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    We had to say goodbye to our loving dog Molly on Monday. She came to us a few years ago when our good friend Ed had a stroke and passed away. We were able to keep her and she became our older dog's (she's 13) best buddy. The first time we took her camping (not at a camp ground but at my in-laws property) she hid under the trailer. We soon realized she was not going to be a camping dog, though she loved to sit outside. She was afraid of the dark, hated to get wet and was not fond of small dogs. She loved to ride in the car but was never impressed with the destination. She loved to be pet and if you tried to stop she would put her nose under your arm then flip your hand back on her head so you could continue petting her, whether you wanted to or not! We had 3 wonderful years with and will miss her terribly, but it was her time. My avatar is my favorite picture of Molly. Thanks for listening!

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Sorry for your loss. I had to put one of my dogs down back in September. They are forever in your heart.

3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I'm sorry for your loss. Glad you were able to provide her with a loving family for her last few years.

4. mickaqua

mickaqua Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Sorry for your loss.

Their passing is always tough.

You did the best you could, and had good times, and that is what counts.

5. doggirl

doggirl Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I'm so sorry. Anyone who has been in your position fully understands the breadth of your loss.
    Molly was one lucky girl to have you take her in as a ten year old who otherwise might have faced dim prospects in the adoption market. I'm sure her spirit will continue to provide your home with the comforts of the love you gave her and she gave you.

Dogs are truly one of the few things in life that give us far more than they could ever take. (Cats too but we're talking dogs :)).

6. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    Thank you all for your condolences. We do have wonderful memories that we will all cherish always. My favorite is Molly laying in a hole she dug in our recently tilled garden with only her head peaking over the top with a look that said "don't bother filling it I'll only dig another one!"