Hard to believe...

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Rik Peery, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    Not really camping related & was unsure as to where to post this...just got back from our local Wally Wild after procuring a sack of red taters/broth/hot sauce...asked the cashier if folks had started bringing back 'cane supplies half joking, she chuckled & said a lady a couple days ago returned 6 jugs, said there was no water in 'em when she bought 'em [LOL]...I said "no way", she said "yep, true story"...sad part is, they actually refunded her $...kinda glad the state park was closed this past week, we would have been camping & missed this mind blowing exchange...

Orchid, Solo camper and sawdusty like this.
  2. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Packerland
    The lady *thought* there was water in them when she bought them, eh? [:I] Wally can afford it. If they find an abandoned cart, or if at the checkout, someone changes their mind on a perishable product, those perishable products are thrown out. They are not put back in the freezer or refrigerator sections because they don't know how long the products been in the cart.

Rik Peery likes this.
  3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Empty water jugs? And she kept a straight face? Wow ....

I once saw someone trying to return a vacuum cleaner that looked to be at least 10 years old. Not sure if they were successful or not.

Yeah, Wally World can afford it, but not the point. People like that just have no integrity.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    Yepper...years ago I saw a dude in a hunting/fishing shop trying to return a 99 cent orange plastic hunting vest tore all to crap, said it was shredded when he opened the package, didn't have time to return it til AFTER gun season said he; no doubt he'd worn it, no return for him that day; people are freakin' nuts...

Orchid likes this.
  5. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Poconos
    The water jugs are returnable empty. Yes its for paid for full bulk water, use, and return bottle for refund.

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. Bamabrat

Bamabrat Member

Jul 23, 2018
    Smyrna, GA
    I purchased a 5-qt jug of oil to change my wife's oil in her (then) new dodge journey. When I got home and was ready to start, opened the jug and it was used oil. For those about to ask "how can you tell?" it smells completely different and was black. Someone had swapped it out then returned it. On principle alone, I returned it. They allowed me to exchange for new oil, which I checked before leaving the store. Some folks just aren't honest.

Orchid and Rik Peery like this.
  7. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    Think that's for the 5 gal. Primo jugs, these were 1 gal. containers lol...like Bamabrat said, people will try anything...

8. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

But I'll bet you would have noticed if it was empty when you purchased it. [LOL]

Bamabrat and Rik Peery like this.
  9. brwarrior

brwarrior New Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Costco has their crazy return policy too. After Christmas and need some cash, return your used an nearly dead tree. They did change it up a few years ago on electronics because of people returning big TVs after the Super Bowl.

10. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Costco got little smarter with refunding. there are certainly some limitation now.

11. Bamabrat

Bamabrat Member

Jul 23, 2018
    Smyrna, GA
    Fresh out of college I took a job with a rent-to-own company and we had the same thing...lots sales contracts just before the super bowl then about 90% returned after. They started implementing a 1 month fee and a 1 week before scheduling minimum. People would show up at 7 pm on Sat night and expect it delivered same day then call Monday and say "come pick it up." Ah the good old days [8D][8D]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 7:23 AM
    Rik Peery likes this.
  12. Halford

Sep 28, 2011
    what people do not realize that if they abuse this wonderful refund system, when business abused and suffer, the wonderful refunding will be gone forever.

Rik Peery likes this.
  13. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Yep - Just look at the change LL Bean made to their Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.

14. Halford

Sep 28, 2011
    Costco got smarter... I heard that several Costco members were questioned on why they returned the product.. they just said that they did not like it, then their membership were discontinued and membership fee refunded. If they said that it was not working or broken, then its good for refund/exchange.

15. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Raynham, MA
    I worked at Walmart in high school in electronics. At the time, all electronics returns required an electronics associate to check the item. Had a guy return a VCR full of books. Claimed it was like that when he opened it. I escalated to a manager. He gave it to customer. :-( He did ask me to call the library (BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL LIBRARY BOOKS) and ask them if they wanted the books back.

Since the direction of the thread, I always found these videos funny (The 4th one blows my mind):

hayyward and Rik Peery like this.