Has anyone ever plumbed the sink Grey to the shower Grey?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by The_Admiral, May 26, 2018.

1. The_Admiral

The_Admiral New Member

Oct 8, 2017
    if so, how did you bypass the axel and fresh water tanks?

Orchid likes this.
  2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Most sink and showers are connected to the same grey tank. Black tank is toilet only. It helps if you tell us what you are worry on and what the floorpan is like.

3. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    I think the Admiral doesn't have a permanent grey tank but wants to tie together the sink/shower drains together into a single drain to drain into a portable grey tank. Otherwise one has to have 2 portable tanks, one on each side of camper. I've seen the plumbing mod done I think on popup princess.

Orchid and JPBar like this.
  4. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    Orchid likes this.
  5. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Assuming you are talking about a POPUP trailer...

It would be easy to do on my POPUP setup but since all the gray water ports are near each other it would not gain me much doing that. My sink gray water water hose connection is also just above the shower drain valve... I drain my gray water into two AQUA-TAINER containers and haul away when full.

This is a photo of the sink drain operation for my off-road POPUP... You can see my shower drain valve just under the trailer. This is also my one and only fresh water tank drain as well...

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

My only BLACK WASTE is in a pull out wheeled tote from my Cassette Potty setup...
    [​IMG]
    Google image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

6. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I don't know about permanently joining them, but we do have to figure out how to hook them both together on site by November. We will have a site with a septic for a week and and don't want to deal with either portable grey water tank.

Having a way to permanently plumb them together would be even better! Will keep an eye on this thread in hopes someone has done it.

Ours are on opposite sides of the camper, so don't really see it happening, other than temporary on-site situation.

7. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    20171008_155325.jpg This is what I did. 1 1/2 in pvc , fittings,and strap with standard 3 inch rv cap. Will work if we ever have a site with sewer for shower. Sink grey water will still go in grey water container

Attached Files:

8. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Your original shower drain is in the front? That is how ours is and I really want it to be in the back. I would be okay with still using our container for the sink, especially since the drain is right there to dump it down. What does it look like in the front now? Natasha's directions were so confusing to me and she was only running the sink from the front.

9. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    This drain hook up is on the drivers side now, ran the new pvc line from shower to where the step is and then across to the other side of camper in front of axle. New pipe is higher than axle with 1 1/2 inch drop for drainage from side to side. Attached a 1 1/2 to 3 inch coupling with some fittings to put cap on. You might be able to see it under the fridge panel.

Attached Files:

10. davido

davido Active Member

Jul 17, 2014
    I have the same inconvenient issue: Sink drain is aft quarter, driver's side. Shower drain is forward quarter, passenger side. Sewer hookups are typically driver's side. So to use my shower in a campground with hookups I have to run two hoses, one from the sink, and one from the shower. I haven't found a great way to link the two, so I end up with the sub-optimal arrangement of running one or the other into the sewer hookup, and swapping them as needed. I guess I could cut some hose and fit a Y. But ultimately I'd like a solution that is more permanent, like running some PVC under the trailer and connecting on the driver's side.