Have you noticed?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by bheagle65, Jul 28, 2015.

1. bheagle65

bheagle65 Member

When you buy your first camper, you look at it and say.... "I can live in this!" and you buy it.

All is great till you get it home and say, maybe I want THIS to be better.....

Then over a period of time, you decide it's almost done! Thank god!!

Then you see a few other things!...

More time goes past with a lot of sweat and Debit card usage.. and you can see the light!!!

Until you read the Pop Up Portal Forums.... THEN several things you had no clue about become a Debit card and sweat issue!

More time goes by and YES!!! You ARE DONE!! READY TO GO!!! but Broke!

LOL

Just wondering if anyone else has lived this!

Either way.. HAPPY CAMPING!

2. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

We bought a very clean 98 Jayco back in February. I was very pleased, but DW had other ideas. Before we even got it home she decided she needed to make new curtains, seat covers, buy new bedding and, of course, new dishes, silverware and glassware.

I don't get it. But you know what they say: A husband can be right or a husband can be happy... [;)]

3. bheagle65

bheagle65 Member

LOL I get that! My wife has already told me the drapes need to match the camper.

(thats not done yet) But for the time being the Visa is! LOL

I can say though... my 2000 coleman santa fe is ready for the camping trip!

4. opie232

opie232 Member

My father in law had a sailboat and called it two foot itis. My wife is the same way with our pup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Anything I buy is up for mods, I once bought a 14 ft. Jon Boat, when the DW arrived home I had it up on saw horses and had a jig saw going to put a live well in the center seat, wiring for all the lights etc. she flipped out, but it was too late :) I think it is in the blood to make everything we get and call it "Making it ours"