1. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I just shared a link from his smug mug site, with some advice for someone here. I decided to do some checking on him, as it's been years since I have seen him on any forum. I found out that he was fighting cancer and found his obituary from 2014.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cincinnati/obituary.aspx?pid=172974310

I wanted to recognize him, as he left a huge legacy of kindness, help, and information behind. Anyone that has ever interacted with him, knows that he was a wonderful, genuine man. Prayers for his family, although late, I'm sure they still grieve.

2. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Apr 22, 2008
    South Jersey
    He was a wealth of information. He is missed.

3. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Jan 13, 2008
    I was thinking of him recently too. He is remembered fondly.

4. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    I've searched for an obituary several times, but was never able to find one for He Ruide or any derivation thereof (that I could think of). How do you know that's him? Im not doubting, just curious how you found it.

5. Orchid

Did a search by his real name and recognized the photo.

Also, the kind of cancer he was diagnosed with is Lymphoma, which is mentioned in the obituary.

https://he-ruide.smugmug.com/

6. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    On second thought, I'll message you ...

7. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Some good effort was put in by members of the Coleman evolution Facebook group to keep his SmugMug page up. They got permission from his wife to keep it open because it is such a good resource. So if anyone else has the same idea, it's already been done, so there is no need to bother his family about it. Here is a link to the FB post explaining it. Probably won't work unless you are a member of that group, but here it is anyway. R.I.P. Clifford, and thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/161546153918383/search/?query=He%20Ruide

8. Orchid

This is wonderful. I was curious as to how it was still active, but happy to see that it was.

I would never think to bother his family. BelchFire only messaged me to ask how I knew his real name.

I had been gone from the camping scene for a few years myself, due to a tragic event in my own family. I just remembered He Ruide from a few places, many years ago. After finding out, I was surprised to see no condolences thread here for him. So, better late than never, I made one.

Once again, prayers for his family. They, and the camping community, lost a good man.

9. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Apr 22, 2008
    South Jersey
    There was a thread a while back that had mentioned that nobody had heard from him in awhile and had assumed the worst considering his illness. I can't seem to locate it in my very limited search, but it did not go unnoticed.

10. Orchid

Well now he has an official memorial thread. I did go back a couple of years in this section of the forum to see if there was one already made.

11. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Thanks for doing that. The FB members that found him actually did so while he was still alive. He had just backed away from everything due to his illness. Soon after that, he passed away. So, I guess in the confusion, nobody did an official memorial thread.