Hello all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Himzka, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Himzka

Himzka New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Greetings!

We just recently acquired a 98 coleman santa fe, and we're getting ready to go on our first trip with the popup in a couple of weeks. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the community! We've been remodeling our santa fe in the heat of the florida summer and that has been a challenge with some things, but we can't wait to see all the places this popup is gonna take us!
    It's great to meet you all!

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota! Congrats on your NTU pup!

3. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
    Welcome from Michigan!

4. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Welcome from Oklahoma

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome from N/W Fl panhandle. Congrats on getting the PUP ready for it's first adventure. Good luck and Happy Camping

6. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

7. Himzka

Himzka New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Thank you guys! We're excited. Although I've been an avid tent camper for most of my life, I'm excited to learn the new ins and outs of popup camping.
    Any tips that you wish you knew before hand on your first trip with a pop up?

8. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Camp Driveway is always recommended for a first trip. It's the best place to find problems and solutions.

If you hit the road for the first trip, have a notepad and pencil handy to wright down things you need to add, leave home, fix, update, etc...

9. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the West Virginia mountains

10. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg
    Greetings from the Connecticut shoreline.

11. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Congratulations on the NTU Pup and Welcome to the forum from a former Floridian. [:)C]

12. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Active Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina.

13. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA!

14. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Welcome aboard from the southern Jax area of FL. Glad to have you join us and if you have ANY questions these are the folks with the answers. Which part of FL do you call home? Enjoy.

15. Himzka

Himzka New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    I'm in the greater Orlando area. We're going to Sebastian Inlet this Friday and I was a little disappointed with the site as we stopped by there on our way home from Phil Collins last week to check out the place as we drove close to it.
    The sites have no vegetation separation between one another. As a tent camper my whole life I've never experienced that. Is that a common trait of RV sites?

16. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Most of Fl State Parks have vegetation and separation between sites, Sebastian inlet is different in that there is very little, if any vegetation. The last time we camped at Sebastian Inlet the no-see-ums were so bad that I had to take the DW to the Dr. for medications so she could get some relief. Fishing is usually good at Sebastian inlet SP Fl. Has some of the best State Parks that I have visited over the years so do not let one park give you a bad impression of the all the Fl State Parks.
    Good luck and Happy Camping

17. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    We've never done SI but as Nineoaks said there normally is a lot of vegetation between sites here. This doesn't include KOA or other Commercial Resorts/RV Parks. Some places are better than others and there are a few we love but seldom can find a spot; Blue Spring SP in Orange City comes to mind as well as Ft. Clinch up here in Fernandina. And yes we were tent campers also before our first PUP and now we're into a mega PUP with 2 king beds and all the toys.

Best of luck and enjoy.