Hello form Cheektowaga, NY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RLE3, May 12, 2018.

1. RLE3

RLE3 New Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Getting Ready to get our new to us Jayco Eagle 12 LSO out and open it up. Towing it with my 2008 Dodge Nitro. Hope to hit up some great spots in the western side of NY state this year. Got a lot to learn thanks for tips and encourgment in advance. 2 kids 10 and 3 should be fun.

SongCamper and Bielecki like this.
  2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Welcome from the high desert of NM, fr a native of Genesee County. Some great places in WNY for camping

3. RLE3

RLE3 New Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Thanks so much. Did some tenting for a bit now its on to bigger and better things. Get out to some of the sites that were a bit further down the road. Hope to get to stony brook and maybe letchworth.

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the forums from N/W Fl Panhandle. Congrats on the NTU Jayco PUP. I know the kids are probably chomping at the bit to go camping. Main tip I will give you is make lists setup, breakdown, etc. and use them at least until you get the procedures down pat. I used to work on RV's and two of the things that was missed regularly were the stabilizers up, and stowing the steps, not to mention the lowering the TV antenna (if you have one).
    Hope ya'll make many great memories in the future with the Jayco.
    Good Luck and Happy Camping

5. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Anchorage, AK
    Welcome from Alaska! I've got a lot of family in the Collins, Springville area.

RLE3 likes this.
  6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

7. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Letchworth SP is the place I spent so many days in with my folks, way back in the '50s-'70s. We didn't camp there (we had a cabin near Batavia), but were often there once or twice a week most of the summer, even if just for a meal and a swim. Funny, but the Grand Canyon of the East has left its mark on me - now I visit and camp at the Grand Canyon itself a couple of times a year. (At least once at each Rim.) We've camped at Letchworth a couple of times to visit family and friends still in WNY - one of these years I hope to make a fall visit.
    Never got to Stony Brook. I camped at Four Mile Creek SP a few years ago, in our first popup, to visit friends in Youngstown. That's another place on the "return" list.

9. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA! I suggest a trip to Camp Driveway. You can have some fun with the kids and learn a lot about your pup at the same time.

10. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Congratulations on the NTU Pup and Welcome to the forum from Midway USA. [:)C]

11. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    6ad4135f4a202c41426d6f8c1f8a6abc--welcome-to-group.jpg from Connecticut.

12. SNOBIRDS-NY

SNOBIRDS-NY New Member

Welcome from about 30 minutes from Letchworth SP. My brother lives off of French Rd. His outdoor experience is golfing and mowing the lawn. My wife and I have camped at Alleghany SP (Red House & Quaker), Evangola SP, Darien Lake SP, and many places in the Adirondacks. We just picked up our new Aliner Classic from a dealer in PA yesterday. I'm taking it up to the Old Forge area this weekend for a trial run and to test paddle a few canoes. Enjoy your Jayco!

RLE3 likes this.
  13. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    Welcome to the Portal from Southern Ontario, just about an hour west of Toronto. Glad you decided to join up.

14. RLE3

RLE3 New Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Thank you. Cant wait to get out.

15. RLE3

RLE3 New Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Thanks for the welcome. Maybe some time I will have to venture north of the border and do a little camping. How hard is the border crossing with a camper?

16. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Aug 5, 2010
    5 Star Eagle Camper
    There supposedly is a 2019 Summer Rally thinking of being held at 4 Mile Creek State Park just outside of Niagara Falls. Some Ontarians are starting to think of going down to that. Not sure if I can make it, thats a little far in the future for me to plan for. I've never crossed the border with the Pup, but I've never heard that its too bad. We have a local here, Strawhouse, that goes over to the States with her Aliner all summer long.

RLE3 likes this.
  17. RLE3

RLE3 New Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Cheektowaga, NY
    We tented at 4 mile a few years back. Nice park the bath house was a little dated over on the no power loop but nice park. The view of lake Ontario is amazing on the clear day you can see Toronto also seeing some of the big lake freighters was cool.