Hello! New pup owners from Indiana!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ErinLeah, Apr 15, 2018.

1. ErinLeah

ErinLeah New Member

Apr 6, 2018
    Hello and nice to meet you all! We just purchased a 1999 Jayco Eagle Qwest 10 last week. We have 2 kids 5 and 9 years old. I have ALWAYS wanted a camper and have been a tent camper for my whole life. Loving the "tent on wheels idea" of a popup! I told my husband when we got home, I felt like we just got married in Vegas- what did we do!? I also felt like I really didn't know what I was looking at, as far as the camper goes, until we got home and really went through it with a fine-toothed comb. Realized the canvas was in much worse condition than we originally thought. Ordered a new canvas and am playing with compounds to bring the exterior back to life. Will be digging into interior makeover very soon to get it rolling for spring and summer camping! Woo hoo!

2. megcabra

megcabra Active Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

3. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the West Virginia mountains

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the Portal from N/W Fl Panhandle and congrats on the NTU PUP. You will love camping in the Jayco, much better than a tent, especially in inclement weather, I know the two kids will really love it too. Other than on here you can try www.popupprincess.com for ideas to "make it your own" Wishing ya'll many great adventures in the future with your Jayco PUP. Good luck and Happy Camping

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    6ad4135f4a202c41426d6f8c1f8a6abc--welcome-to-group.jpg from southeast Connecticut.

6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

7. DJS12354

DJS12354 Active Member

Greetings from NEPA!

8. Dread_Pirate_Bailey

Dread_Pirate_Bailey Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Indiana
    Welcome, from near Bloomington!

9. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    western Colorado
    Welcome to the Portal and hello from Colorado!

10. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Welcome from the Dayton, OH area!

11. Alloutdrs1

Alloutdrs1 New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Welcome! Post some pictures of your new popup. I just finished restoring my 2000 Jayco Qwest so if you have any questions or need to locate a part feel free to ask. Congrats!

ErinLeah likes this.
  12. 2mommas

2mommas New Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Welcome! We are from Chicago, but live in NW Indiana, for now. We are also doing some reno on our ntu pup, a 2000 Coleman Niagara. We've just returned from our rainy maiden voyage to Potato Creek State Park!

Attached Files:

ErinLeah likes this.
  13. ErinLeah

ErinLeah New Member

Apr 6, 2018
    Awesome! how was Potato Creek? We have a few trips planned to the dunes in the next few months, as well as Morris Lake and Turkey Run. We got a new tent from Jayco and it had a hole from the sewing machine so we are waiting on a new one to take our first trip. Fingers crossed it will be ready soon!

2mommas likes this.
  14. 2mommas

2mommas New Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Potato Creek SP was beautiful- large site, mountain bike/ hiking trails, fishing and swimming lakes. We will be at the Dunes twice in June and Turkey Run in July!