Hello Portal!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Asupremepop, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Asupremepop

Asupremepop New Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    My name is Chris I have a family of 5. i own a carpet cleaning business in the fox river valley near Green Bay Wisconsin.
    Have been a tent camper my whole life until recently when I bartered a 1994 Coleman Destiny Roanoke which I am currently going through to see what needs to be fixed / updated. Previous owners never or rarely used the gas or water systems. Some holes in canvas and vinyl. No clue how to go about fixing those. (That’s why I’m here. Among other reasons)

The first thing I wanted to do was check the hubs to see if they’ve been greased and I think previous owners neglected this entirely. Not only that the 1st hub I looked at the posts were worn almost all the way through. It appears the lug nuts were not properly securing the wheel in place. The lugs were very hard to remove almost as if they were all cross threaded. So I have new hubs on the way.
    Anyway that’s where I’m at atm.
    Look forward to chatting with you all.

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

Should I assume that we will see a carpeted pup in future pictures??;)

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Welcome - good areas to begin reading through are "In the Garage" and "At the Campsite". If you add the make, model, and year of the camper to your signature line, the rest of us always know what you have. That can make it easier to answer questions.
    asking a question in the closest area with a good subject line is helpful. For example, fore the cnavas questions: http://www.popupportal.com/forums/canvas-awnings-add-a-rooms-tarps-tents.56/

Another source of info is here, they also have the manuals for many Coleman campers (there may be one on here too, can't remember at the moment):
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...0a6-8958-a9f2c9a42df4.pdf?6394506199849999463

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg
    Greetings from the Connecticut shoreline.

Asupremepop likes this.
  5. Asupremepop

Asupremepop New Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Gosh no! Other than havin to clean the upholstery (mattresses and seat cushions) I’d prefer to have tile on the floor. (No 1970s carpeted walls!) lol

pasobuff and BikeNFish like this.
  6. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Welcome! I have not personally used it, but I have heard Tear Aid recommended for small holes and tears in canvas.

As a tent camper, your only regret is going to be not getting a pop up sooner! Hope your family makes many happy memories in it!

Asupremepop likes this.
  7. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Active Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Houghton MI
    welcome from the UP of MI!

8. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Congratulations on the NTU Pup and Welcome to the forum from Midway USA. [:)C]

Asupremepop likes this.
  9. Asupremepop

Asupremepop New Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    We go to the UP often. Our favorite destination. It’s like the Disney world of camping.

10. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the mountains of West Virginia

Asupremepop likes this.
  11. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Active Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Houghton MI
    The porkies state park is nice. We've hiked all the trails there, most of the nice ones repeatedly and stayed in the majority of the cabins there. What we don't do is go there over the summer.

Asupremepop likes this.
  12. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Welcome from the real Upstate NY!~

Asupremepop likes this.
  13. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Active Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina.

Asupremepop likes this.
  14. Asupremepop

Asupremepop New Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Before we got married we backpacked out there a couple times. I loved it. The wife...not so much. She likes car camping.

15. Asupremepop

Asupremepop New Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I had an opportunity to do some hiking in Saratoga springs a couple years ago. Beautiful state. I enjoyed the drive through NY on my way to Connecticut.

16. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

Asupremepop likes this.
  17. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA!