HELP shower leaking!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by burtonfamily101, Mar 10, 2018.

1. burtonfamily101

burtonfamily101 New Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Hi All,

Anyway I noticed a small drop from the back left of the trailer while it was pop up halfway getting ready to camping tonight. I figured out that it is the connection to the shower in my cassette toilet that are slowly dripping with the water pressured. Yes some of the plywood is wet under the trailer but no mold or soft spots so hopefully I found this early.

It is the connections taht go to the back of the facet. They are grey water lines that goto the back the facet, that it what leaking. Both hot and cold are leaking...I just bought trailer a few months ago so I assume old owner tried to replace facet "looks new" and connected it wrong.

I can tell its wrong since I can move the line up and down while its fully connected, of course when I tug a little down it leaks. This makes me think that its some kind of compression nut that isnt right, like a house waterline.

Attached are pictures, how do i fix this? we dont use shower much so even if I can just cap it that would be fine. In there picture it is the grey connection to the white.

thank you!

FYI 1995 starcraft 1224 spacemaker

Attached Files:

2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I would get some Teflon plumbing tape and wrap the treads a few times than reconnect the fittings hand tight than test you my need to tighten with pliers a bit but be careful not to over tighten.

[​IMG]

Orchid likes this.
  3. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Streator, IL
    Typically the threads are not designed to provide a water tight seal for a flared or compression fitting so teflon tape or any type of thread sealer is not the proper solution. The first thing i would do is to try to slightly tighten the fitting as is to determine if it was never snugged up enough in the first place. If that doesn't work, remove the fitting to see if there is some deformation of an inside sealing surface.

4. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Streator, IL
    1. Typically the threads are not designed to provide a water tight seal for a flared or compression fitting so teflon tape or any type of thread sealer is not the proper solution. The first thing i would do is to try to slightly tighten the fitting as is to determine if it was never snugged up enough in the first place. If that doesn't work, remove the fitting to see if there is some deformation of an inside sealing surface.
      terry

5. burtonfamily101

burtonfamily101 New Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Thank you!

I took them off and it looked like the o ring wasn't set right. But I had to tighten with a wrench to stop the leak. Think I'm okay not it didn't leak with water pump on and pressured.

jnc likes this.