Hey from North Alabama!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Old_Blue, May 17, 2018.

1. Old_Blue

Old_Blue New Member

May 9, 2018
    North Alabama
    Hey everyone, my wife Katrina and I love the outdoors and spent last summer reconnecting with each other and mother nature while tent camping in our National Forests. Last month we bought our first camper, a NTU 2013 Flagstaff MAC 206LTD.
    We have camped twice in it already and are excited about exploring new places and having fresh adventures. Even though we are total newbies on pop-up's, we have both already learned a lot here and are looking forward to much more! Great to meet Y'all!

2. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum from Midway USA.

Congratulations on the NTU Pup. [:)C]

Old_Blue likes this.
  3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

Old_Blue likes this.
  4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the West Virginia mountains

Old_Blue likes this.
  5. megcabra

megcabra Active Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

Old_Blue likes this.
  6. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA!

Old_Blue likes this.
  7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    6ad4135f4a202c41426d6f8c1f8a6abc--welcome-to-group.jpg

Old_Blue likes this.
  8. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Welcome aboard from Northern Neck Virginia...

My work travels brought me to your beautiful state of Alabama working on the Space Surveillance System across the southern part of the US. Worked on a Transmitter station just north of Wetumpka close to the Jordan lake so naturally the name of the Transmitter site was Jordan Lake.

Loved to camp up on the Lake Martin at the MAXWELL Rec area and really fell in love with Desoto State Park outside of Fort Payne...

I traveled out of Virginia and usually drove to all of the fields stations pulling my POPUP trailer. Cloudland Canyon State Park ended up being one of most favorite camp grounds outside of Trenton GA just a few miles up the I59 road from Desoto State Park in ALA. We always camped in the West RIM side overlooking the Canyon below. The neat thing about this camping area was most all of the camp site had a rail fence around them...

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Be sure to check out CLoudland Canyon and Desoto State Parks which are both situated up on the Lookout Mtn off of I59...

We always wanted to camp at the Cheaha State Park off of I20 outside of Talladega but never did make it.

Being retired now we are still getting our love for camping back off-road within a a couple of hundred miles of home here in Virginia. Love camping back off the Forest Service Roads inside the George Washington Natl Forest behind Harrisonburg VA along the VA/WVA wooded state line. Lots of multiple ridges to look at camping OFF-ROAD around there... Skyline Drive and the upper part of the Blue Ridge Parkway also have some good sites for us as well. We still even get to throw in some Tent Camping as well... Never got the RV TRAVELING urge pulling a RV Trailer all over the US haha... My work trips must have killed all of those desires...

Again Welcome aboard...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Old_Blue likes this.
  9. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome aboard from N/W Fl Panhandle. Congrats on the NTU Flagstaff. Wishing you ,any great adventures in the future with the Flagstaff and you have some great places in N Al. to make lots of memories. Good Luck and Keep on Camping

Old_Blue likes this.
  10. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Have you tried Oak Mountain State Park, just s of Birmingham, oldest and largest SP in Al. Has just about something for everyone. also corp of engineers has a CG on the Black Warrior River called Birchfield Corp Of Engineers CG. This is beautiful except getting there going up the mountain is a little hairy. Good Luck and Keep On Camping

Old_Blue likes this.
  11. seldomseen380

seldomseen380 Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Canton, Georgia
    Hello and Welcome from North Georgia....

Old_Blue likes this.