Home Ellecteical gurus

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by Sjm9911, May 15, 2019.

1. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

NEC 2014 - 250.32(A)

Grounding Electrode. Building(s) or structure(s) supplied by feeder(s) or branch circuit(s) shall have a grounding electrode or grounding electrode system installed in accordance with Part III of Article 250. The grounding electrode conductor(s) shall be connected in accordance with 250.32(B) or (C). Where there is no existing grounding electrode, the grounding electrode(s) required in 250.50 shall be installed

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ty.

3. Sjm9911

Ok to explaine further, the green isnt ending in ground. Whoever put it in just probably conected it to the metal bx box. And the ground isn't carried back to the main panel. In fact i cant find it at the other side of the feed. I traced the wire back to where it exits the house, no green wire. So it was put there to make it look like a ground, and in fact does nothing.

4. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

To OP. Not trying to be rude or condescending. Hire a professional, licensed electrician. This is not the place for advice on such a antiquated set up.

5. Fixitup

Fixitup Active Member

Correct spelling. Electrical.

6. Sjm9911

Thanks for that , unfortunately im dyslexic. Since you got the spelling correct, i can see you understand what i wrote. The problem with dyslexia and spell check on a phone is that it automatically corrects to a incorrect word when typing fast. So if i spelled it incorrectly in the past like 3 time it thinks that is what I'm trying to type.

7. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Completely replace.