Hot Water...

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by mottie, Oct 20, 2018.

1. mottie

mottie New Member

Sep 4, 2018
    First time testing all systems in my '98 Sea Pine. Hooked up to city water and filled the tank to get familiar with both in my driveway.

I can get hot and cold water at the outdoor shower. Lots of pressure. When using the tank the pump comes on for hot and cold.

I can get cold water inside at the sink. Lots of pressure. When using the tank the pump comes on.

I can get a drizzle of hot water at the sink when I turn the knob just right - about 1/4 of a turn like the manual says. When using the tank the pump never engages for more than a second or so.

Any tips on getting more water at the sink? I let it run at 1/4 turn for like 10 minutes and it is constant but it's only a drizzle...

Feeling like I'm missing something but I've got to go out for a couple hours so I figured I would post in case it's a quick answer.

Thanks!

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Sounds like a kinked , collapsed or plugged HW hose or faucet,

Raycfe likes this.
  3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Check to see if your pump has a strainer/filter attached to it. It may need a cleaning.

4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    A restriction in the line going to the faucet . restriction at the faucet

5. mottie

mottie New Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Disconnected the water line that goes from under the sink to the sink, blew in it... seemed restricted.

Took the faucet apart and blew in it, no restrictions.

Then swapped hot for cold and the cold is now severly restricted. Seems that I need a new valve and/or faucet.

6. mottie

mottie New Member

Sep 4, 2018
    I take it back, seems that it’s a cartridge... managed to get it apart, figure out how it works and then put it back together.

The previous owner tightened it up too much I think. Reinstalling much looser and water pressure is great.

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Glad you found the problem ans as so many things on a PUP is, easily repaired. Sometimes we just need to take our time and figure how things work ans what to do to fix that problem. Good Luck and Happy Camping

8. mottie

mottie New Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Cartridges were crazy tight so I got a bit lucky in taking one apart. Lubed with Vaseline and now the faucet works so much easier.

Put new o-rings in too (at least one was missing or different than the other side) and now it’s as good as new!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  9. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Glad you found your issue. I recommend a "plumbers grease" which is food grade. I've found a screw in a faucet that would not shut off, plastic saw dust, and excess glue pieces in faucets from poor plumbing installations.